1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Midnight Sun Berserker?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by waltersrj, Mar 29, 2012.

1. honkduh

honkduh Savant (315) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

@TheBeermongers: 1pm: 5 cases of Berserker. 5:30 pm: 3 bottles left. Hurry up if you want one.. Lowering the limit to 1 bottle per for the last 3.
  2. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (275) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

Picked up a couple of bottles today from The Beermongers. Cracked a bottle tonight per Jim's instructions.

Moderate thickness. Thicker than the Diesel I had on draft this afternoon at Cascade (get some if you can) but nothing close to AB Huna levels. Dark brown head with moderate pour.

Rich chocolate fudge hits you up front. I get a fair amount of soy sauce but nothing that is disagreeable. Certainly boozy but its a ba impy stout so what do you expect.

My first experience with Berserker and I can see what the excitement iis about. Is it better than Abyss or BCBS? Not on first blush, but certainly worth seeking out.
  3. Agreed on Diesel that stuff was awesome from the last time I was in PDX.
  4. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (520) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I got lucky then, I got 3 bottles when there were only 6 left!
  5. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (275) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

It's because Jim likes you.
  6. Shmeal

Everybody likes me. I'm the only asian beer geek in pdx. I'm a novelty!
    Kopfschuss likes this.
  7. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Savant (475) Oregon Aug 28, 2009

My wife would beg to differ. ;)
    bfg75 likes this.
  8. Shmeal

..........-_-
  9. You're Asian?!?
    Shmeal likes this.
  10. ellswrth

ellswrth Savant (335) Oregon Oct 7, 2003

Belmont Station just got a number of cases today. 3 bottle limit.
  11. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 Savant (310) Oregon Mar 15, 2008

3 Bottles left at The Hop & Vine, one bottle limit
  12. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Aficionado (215) Oregon Feb 21, 2012

Any time frame on when this will be sold out at belmont, or is it already gone? I've been out of town and might have to trade for this, lame.
  13. I got you if your still in search Matt
  14. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Aficionado (215) Oregon Feb 21, 2012

rad
  15. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

If Cathcart isn't too far the Albertson's on Highway 9 has it in the display cooler for the taking along with a lot of other cool stuff. Picked up two more! More than I need for myself in case anyone comes up short.
  16. guajolote

guajolote Savant (400) Oregon Sep 12, 2008

For anyone in/passing through Salem, LifeSource Natural Foods has it. I picked up 2, and there are at least 4 more there. $15/bottle. I was very surprised to find it in Salem, so I'm glad I stopped in today.
  17. ISO one bottle FT ............. Any local goodness I can provide !!!
  18. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

Being a holiday weekend we're seeing a higher than average number of tourists stocking up on things they can't get at home (like Berzerker), but I'm reasonably sure we have enough to last through Monday.
  19. Reidrover

Reidrover Advocate (640) Oregon Jan 14, 2003

Thanks for the heads-up.
    LifeSource is really fabulous nowadays. No longer have to brave Capital Market
    guajolote likes this.
  20. Picked up 2 bottles here in SoCal, didn't find much info on it so I cracked one tonight. Really well done! You can really taste the syrup and molasses. The second bottle I plan on holding onto for a bit of aging. I am planning on heading back to my secret spot tomorrow for another bottle.
  21. Belmont Station has it, 2 bottle limit.