1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Midwest: Shipping Alert

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by maximum12, Jan 16, 2013.

1. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

There have been enough "When should I not ship?" threads the last couple weeks...

It's going to be brutally cold in MN this weekend & early next week. If you're have a trade in the works & your box is coming anywhere near the upper Midwest...don't.

Thus ends our Public Service Announcement for the day.

Alpar, eyeenjoybeer and woodchopper like this.
  2. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Is it that awesome MN cold where you can throw a cup of boiling water in the air and make it snow?

Man I love that type of cold.

Grohnke, jegross2, gpawned and 2 others like this.
  3. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Not yet. Give it a few days though. Forecast high of -8 (yes, HIGH of -8) coming on Monday. That'll keep the goodies tucked in tight.

Penguin3200 likes this.
  4. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Savant (320) Minnesota Dec 28, 2008

Pounding in a nail with a banana time!

gpawned likes this.
  5. zeledonia

zeledonia Advocate (535) Minnesota Nov 23, 2008

Even cooler than that is when bubbles freeze before they hit the ground. Then they roll around like mini tumbleweeds. MN BAs, try it out this weekend. Works best around -20 or lower, but just fine at 0.

gpawned likes this.
  6. Great, a bunch of MN BA's out on their porch blowing bubbles on a cold January night.

7. [quote
    ="lucas1801, post: 848049, member: 671223"]Great, a bunch of MN BA's out on their porch blowing bubbles on a cold January night.[/quote]

Thanks for this. Love it when a post makes me laugh out loud :)

8. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I have multiple boxes due Friday to partners out there. Crossing fingers.

9. Thanks for this. Love it when a post makes me laugh out loud :)[/quote]I'm just waiting for the FT:Surly ISO:Bubbles posts, I mean who the hell would be selling bubbles in MN in the winter?

10. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Indiana is slated to be in the teens next week and possibly single digits. It was in the twenties yesterday but probably mid 40s today. Can we get some consistency?!? It was in the fifties last week.