1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Mikkeller / Anchorage Invasion IPA

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by VladTepes, Jan 7, 2013.

1. VladTepes

VladTepes Aficionado (160) Finland Oct 18, 2012

So, thoughts about that?

I just bought one and wondering should I age it a bit (brett) or dring fresh, because it is still IPA.

2. Thevanpelt

Thevanpelt Zealot (80) Sweden Sep 6, 2012

I have the same thoughts, I bought the Invasion IPA and The Bitter Monk.

3. VladTepes

Yeah, I have that one too.

4. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Sounds sexy

5. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Bitter Monk ages quite well, at least up to a year. The aroma hops fade, but the bittering hops really don't, and they blend well with the amped-up funk and ever-drier mouth feel from giving brett more time to do its thing.

No idea on Mikkeller Invasion. In theory, it should work similarly, but I think it's an inferior beer to begin with, so I don't know its long-term prospects.

6. Mikkeller Invasion was very hoppy when I had it so I would drink it now. Lots of brett came through in the taste and it smelled like dirty socks, I loved it!

Drink it now, if you like it enough buy some more and see what it does in 6 months.

7. VladTepes

Thanks a lot for replies!

I certain love brett and also like hops a lot, so I have quite high exceptations. I have also liked a lot other Anchorage beers.

I just put Invasion to mu fridge. I was really expensive, so probably I won't buy more, even I would like it.