1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Miller Lite to Release New Bottle.

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by sgwagner, May 7, 2013.

1. sgwagner

sgwagner Aficionado (120) Wisconsin Feb 22, 2012

2. malfunxion

malfunxion Savant (250) New York Dec 14, 2012

no matter how many times they change the bottle this beer will always taste like urine.
  3. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Just polishing a turd.
  4. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

5. sgwagner

sgwagner Aficionado (120) Wisconsin Feb 22, 2012

At first glance, it almost looks like they're trying to pull the same shit as Budweiser by slightly reducing the size of the bottle. None of the articles I've read confirm whether its still a 12 ounce bottle.
  6. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

Unless they shorten the height of the boxes, or narrow the width of them, they'll still only be able to ship the same number of bottles and it will (presumably) cost the same for shipping.
  7. Monkey see monkey do. Why bother spending money improving what's inside the package when you can mimic your competition and spend money on actual packaging.
    afrokaze and Duff27 like this.
  8. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

Long overdue bottle change. The vortex wasn't enough. Should've put an airvent to drink it faster, though.
    kemoarps, yamar68, MarcatGSB and 2 others like this.
  9. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (820) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Shaped like a Baltika bottle.
  10. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (530) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

And they shall call it....Innovation...

Easy handling from the bar to the pool table? Really??? I'm no expert in this area, but I thought that is what waitstaff and trays were for?
    FUNKPhD likes this.
  11. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

I wanted to say something witty and snarky, but in the end this just makes me do the ole half laugh, half cry into my hands. Miller Lite: YOU CAN TASTE THE MARKETING!
    FUNKPhD and sgwagner like this.
  12. ErmaGerd

ErmaGerd Aspirant (25) Iowa Feb 20, 2013

We've had the bottles at my bar for a week now. I didn't really even notice until someone said something to me. But they are still 12oz.
  13. braugon

braugon Savant (355) Connecticut Mar 14, 2013

the best of the domestic scwhill available
  14. Waiting for someone to post, "I'm not too snobby to hold the new Miller bottle..."
    olfolxholme likes this.
  15. I work for a Miller wholesaler. As of right now these bottles are limited to certain accounts Miller wants them in. So in my territory at least, it's not an every account deal. I believe it's more of a limited release bottle.
  16. FUNKPhD

Or someone to say it tasted better in the old bottles?
    Beerontwowheels and MrDave like this.
  17. beernut

beernut Savant (330) New Jersey Jun 6, 2008

Not sure why this even being discussed. I get the "we can post/discuss what we want" but it's Miller, they market something all the time. That is what companies with money do. Be shocked when they stop doing it.
    KS1297 likes this.
  18. DanH83

DanH83 Aficionado (200) New York Feb 14, 2013

The should "limited release" everything they make......addition by subtraction....
    hardy008 likes this.
  19. FUNKPhD

Do you look at the forums often? This is pretty in-line with subject matter that gets discussed. BMC gets mentioned ALL the time. :rolleyes:
  20. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4 Savant (330) Illinois Oct 22, 2010

Are they twist off caps?
  21. A triple hopped turd.
    fredmugs and Zbyler like this.
  22. beernut

Yes, I know. Lets beat a dead horse.
    FUNKPhD likes this.
  23. FUNKPhD

But at the end of the day, beer is beer, right? :)
  24. That makes it much better. Viva Miller!!
  25. tectactoe

tectactoe Advocate (740) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

If Bells or Weihenstephaner or Sierra Nevada makes this change, it's "Oh wow, check out that innovation! Awesome! Can't wait to get some of the new and improved bottles! Look at all the research that went into this! I love how they pay attention to small details!"

When BMC makes this change it's, "Just another marketing scheme for these shitty ass macro companies to sell their nasty urine swill to stupid people who don't know the difference between good and bad beer! Good thing I won't be buying any of their garbage!"

I'm not sticking up for BMC but Jesus Christ, some people need to give it a rest.
  26. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

Gotta compete with that sweet new bowtie can...
    [​IMG]

27. I'm curious. When did Bells or Weihenstephaner or Sierra Nevada change their bottles?
  28. tectactoe

tectactoe Advocate (740) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

When did I say they did? Do you know what "if" means?
  29. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Check out dat new lip! INNOVATION ALL UP IN DAT!
    [​IMG]

You guys are too predictable. Miller has a market and changes like this does entice the consumer from making the very easy change to ABInbev. I've had friends who switched from Bud to Coors because of the vent can and the fact that the bud label was old. Then the bow tie came out and it was back to the new sleek and sexy Bud. These companies deal in billions of dollars and they have to stay fresh and believe it or not but a sleek new bottle will reinvigorate their brand. Hate away and jerk off to craft brands, but I don't see why you guys have to always get your panties in a bunch every time an AAL makes a menial move. It's the business.
    afrokaze and beernut like this.
  30. FUNKPhD

Pretty sure people would still talk shit.
  31. BBAVUSO21

BBAVUSO21 Savant (315) New York Jan 25, 2013

miller......lol
    baconman91 likes this.
  32. beernut

I like me some Miller-Lite. It may not always taste great, but it is less filling.
    ABest23, alysmith4 and FUNKPhD like this.
  33. FUNKPhD

I've been known to drink PBR and Lone Star, so I can't shit all over MillerCoors, but Miller Lite is not a taste I like.
    hardy008 and jRocco2021 like this.
  34. jncastillo87

jncastillo87 Aficionado (200) Texas Jan 27, 2013

Humans are stupid .. New bottle will jump sales 10% or more for the summer time .. watch.
  35. FUNKPhD

I don't think anyone will contest that statement.
  36. MaineMike

MaineMike Savant (290) Maine Jan 22, 2011

Thank God for innovation!
  37. Sure do. So since you are a fortune teller since you know what people's reaction will be "if" they change the bottles tell me who's going to win the World Series this year.
    FUNKPhD likes this.
  38. shawnohall

shawnohall Savant (330) Texas Nov 8, 2009

How many new bottles are they going to have? Not that it matters. What's inside is still Alka Seltzer plus some alcohol.
  39. i have an idea for a new miller bottle. it opens on the bottom, so that shit never has a chance of touching your lips.
    fredmugs, UT-Alex, hardy008 and 5 others like this.
  40. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Uh oh, whale bottles brah
    alysmith4 and 5thOhio like this.