1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

mini snifter role call

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by cosmicevan, Dec 24, 2012.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (790) New York Dec 13, 2009

the mini snifter is my favorite glass. something about those ~6oz snifters that justs hit the nail on the nose for tastings...the wide bottom and pinched nose just can't be beat for enjoying a small pour of a beer. i love having a variety of these for when doing verticals and knowing which unique snifter is which beer as opposed to the challenge of knowing that the 2009 is on the right...

that being said, this is a style of glass that i'm ISO pretty much whatever i don't have...so let's see if we can figure out what's out there. here's what i know of that i have:

Firestone Walker - FW snifter
    [​IMG]

Firestone Walker - animals over a barrel
    [​IMG]

Jackie O's anniversary (think this was the 6th from last year???)
    [​IMG]

Dark Lord Intelligentsia
    [​IMG]

Firestone Walker Invitational (picture coming soon)
    Elysian Great Pumpkin (picture coming soon)

i've also seen:
    Sam Adams Triple Bock (very much ISO)

what others are out there?
  2. I know Kane has one from south jersey
  3. thedoer

thedoer Aficionado (155) New Jersey Sep 27, 2010

4. [​IMG]

Jackie O's 7th Anniv.
    gpawned and cosmicevan like this.
  5. You're right, these are the best for tastings. I had bought 4 cases of blank ones for a tasting because no other taster glass would do.

(nice little collection by the way.)
  6. Just picked one up at Kane the other day. Have one from troegs as well. The troegs is a lil plain though.
  7. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

B. Nektar sells one

[​IMG]
    pjkelley82, Skrip, xnicknj and 2 others like this.
  8. jedwards

jedwards Savant (330) California Feb 3, 2009

Triple Bock mini snifter:

[​IMG]
  9. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (725) California Oct 2, 2006

Hess made a logo mini-snifter that was part of a keep the glass deal at the Ordeum Rex barleywine release. Pictured next to the regular sized snifter:

[​IMG]
  10. ant880

ant880 Advocate (630) New York Nov 7, 2010

11. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

Not a big fan of Sixpoint beers, but I really like that glass.
  12. cosmicevan

agreed, i have been very much iso that glass for a while, but they never sold them, just part of giveaways and what not or so i've heard.
  13. JrGtr

JrGtr Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 13, 2006

I have a couple of those from Left hand Brewing.
  14. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) California Jul 24, 2008

[​IMG]

5050 Eclipse and Hangar 24 Barrel roll glasses.
  15. ISO eclipse!
  16. was gifted the Barrel Roll glass in a BIF recently and it is part of my regular rotation. I love that little guy.
  17. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) California Jul 24, 2008

Yeah its nice, I should've bought extras. I was happy to discover the eclipse glass hiding after 10 months.
  18. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

That Intelligentsia/Dark Lord snifter is awesome. I must have it. Same with the Eclipse and Barrel Roll snifters.
  19. I have been using unprinted ones for about 10 years as they are awesome tasters. Seems I need/want to get some brewery ones.
    davey101 likes this.
  20. Mealhouse

Mealhouse Savant (325) Minnesota Feb 19, 2012

Steel Toe Brewing has a very simple mini-snifter, wish they had used their logo or Hop Leaf in the design though rather than just text.
  21. Cbusssted

Cbusssted Aficionado (135) Ohio Jul 3, 2012

What's a meadery?
  22. Mead is fermented honey, it is becoming more popular in the midwest to east coast.
    franklinn and Retail1LO like this.
  23. Here is a great example from a startup outside Pittsburgh: http://laurelhighlandsmeadery.com/
  24. stawn

stawn Savant (315) California Sep 16, 2008

Fantastic glasses! We have them at Rip Current (new San Diego brewery)
    [​IMG]
    JustXBeer, fox227, HopHead84 and 2 others like this.
  25. steebo777

steebo777 Savant (485) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Pretty stellar stuff, especially B. Nektar. Check out Dark Dark Goose for beer+mead heaven (BA coffee mead then aged in a BCS barrel with gallons of BCS).
    MarcatGSB and bierenutz like this.
  26. Jwale73

Jwale73 Advocate (670) Rhode Island Aug 15, 2007

My Old Stock snifter in my go to for high abv beers. Doesn't look like they make it anymore though.
  27. Nice, I see a merch spot on the site but nothing yet. Can you get one or two to send my way?
    cosmicevan likes this.
  28. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (725) California Oct 2, 2006

The wall o' cans in the background makes me think of Blind Lady Alehouse.
  29. ant880

The results of my obsessive compulsive Elysian pumpkin snifter research. Please feel free to correct if I made a mistake or add any pre-2009. Not sure when they started giving these out...

8th Annual (2012)
    [​IMG]

7th Annual (2011)
    [​IMG]
    6th Annual (2010)
    [​IMG]
    5th Annual (2009)
    [​IMG]
  30. cosmicevan

thanks a lot...all i needed was more glass to ISO.

in any case ISO ISO ISO!!!
    djaeon and ant880 like this.
  31. Just picked up a pair of the troegs tasters,
    One going out in the bif. They are a bit larger an thicker than most of the ones listed here. Very nice piece.
  32. Obviously still ISO any pre-2012 Elysian pumpkin glasses. And while we're on the subject, City Tap House (Philly bar) also released an Elysian "knock-off" pumpkin glass for an event, though it's not a mini, it's a 9ozer I think. The back says 2012 Pumpkin Smash or something.
  33. stawn

stawn Savant (315) California Sep 16, 2008

Lee has a fun collection at Blind Lady. Paul, the owner of Rip Current, has a slightly larger collection. Not the best picture, but here a shot inside the tasting room. I believe it is around 1/4 of his collection.
    [​IMG]
    As for the snifters, Rip Current's web store isn't active yet, but I could probably buy/trade a couple with someone if they really want. Just BM me.
    Cheers!
    djaeon and ant880 like this.
  34. ant880

You are right, it's this guy below (as you said its not a mini). This glass had me very confused until I figured out it was not actually an Elysian snifter.
    [​IMG]
  35. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (425) New York Feb 14, 2012

I like that 50/50 one...

I have the FW animals/barrels one and a nice Barrier Brewing one as well
    ant880 and cosmicevan like this.
  36. cosmicevan

would love to see a pic of the barrier one. i didn't know the locals were putting out minis.
  37. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (425) New York Feb 14, 2012

I will take one tonight, I have some on untappd but the beers are all dark so tough to see the logo. My buddy got them probably in the early summer for, pretty cheap, like 3 for $10 or something like that
  38. ant880

I'd also love to see a pic...wife and I stopped by Barrier for a growler fill when they first opened a couple of years ago (my in-laws are pretty close by), I dont think they even had any logo merchandise at the time. I'd love to stop by and grab a few of these...are they up and running again since the hurricane?