mini snifter role call

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by cosmicevan, Dec 24, 2012.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (835) New York Dec 13, 2009

doubt it since surge protector hasn't even gone onsale yet and the funds from that are supposed to go to help them get back on their feet.

2. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

New Jackie O's one from last anniversary party BTW....I am sure you already knew but wanted to be sure!

cosmicevan likes this.
  3. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (525) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

Left Hand 5oz taster
    [​IMG]

4. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (450) New York Feb 14, 2012

They are opened, to some capacity, I think, I know they were selling some of the bottled beer they did with Ommegang the past few weekends from what I heard (only limited number of bottles each of the past 3 Saturdays or something).

I think I got confused with the size of the snifter, it is actually a regular sized snifter (pictured next to a FW mini for comparison), cool glass nonetheless.

[​IMG]

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

This may be kinda sorta off topic, but anyone know what I can order some customizable 4-6oz mini snifters for my tasting group?

6. EseLocoSS

EseLocoSS Savant (325) Illinois Feb 2, 2010

jedwards and Hanzo like this.
  7. MordorMongo

Do you have World Market or an equivalent? If so, I ordered direct in store, 2 boxes (24), final cost to me was 1.85 a glass. Libbey 3702s. Was cheaper to do that than anything I could find online at time as required no shipping. Took maybe a week to get them in.

Once you have them, you can find a place to do the custom work....much cheaper than ordering unless you are doing a BUNCH

gpawned and BCross like this.
  8. Hanzo

We do indeed have a World Market. That is a heck of a deal, but I wonder since we want our name/logo on the glasses if it would be cheaper just to order those then get a local place to customize them.

9. bentwookie

bentwookie Initiate (0) Texas Jan 13, 2008

Kaydogg and WassailWilly like this.
  10. MordorMongo

Yeah I think that part is easy though, find someone local (if possible)...take them the design and a similar glass and they should be able to give a quote....ones I got ranged from 3.50 per glass to 6 per glass....still pondering final design so haven't pulled trigger yet but all in will be less than $8 a glass.

11. Hanzo

That sounds perfect. Thanks for the info!

12. Has anyone ordered the Eclipse snifter off FiftyFifty's site before? Just curious how long it took to get as I placed an order last Wednesday and haven't gotten any type of communication from them besides the paypal receipt.

13. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Have you not taken an arrow to the knee before?

14. Just picked up one of these finally.
    That Barrier one is sweet. Looks like I might have some extra work to do on my next NYC trip.

15. shuajw

shuajw Savant (495) Georgia Aug 12, 2007

I've been waiting a month, I guess something got messed up on my address when it was shipped out, so it got returned to the brewery. It's been resent and I'm really hoping to have it by the end of the week.

16. Well that's not encouraging

17. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (580) Tennessee May 25, 2010

I really like this one I picked up in Charlotte from NoDa

[​IMG]

hefehead12 and Tedwarhc like this.
  18. cosmicevan

shows as out of stock on their site. i made some trades for it. cost $10 at the release party, $15 on the site. that's almost utopia glass territory :eek:

i haven't had any luck tracking down the barrier one yet, but the brewery was annihilated by hurricane sandy. lots of beers being released to help get them back on their feet.

19. Yeah, I rationalized it by them only charging $3.95 for shipping so in the end I'd probably pay $18.95 trading for it.

20. marshmeli

I am going to stop by Barrier tomorrow when they open for some growlers and Submersion IIPA (their first bottled beer) I will see if they have any snifters for sale

cosmicevan likes this.
  21. cosmicevan

nice. if they do, i'm super into it. if you feel like it, pick one up for me or let me know so i can nab some. we can meet up and share a bottle or a few and i can pick up the glass.

22. marshmeli

No more snifters as of now... they had some mini tasting glasses, but those werent for sale. they are just for tasting when restaurant owners, etc come in for tasting.

23. cosmicevan

perhaps LI soon to be newest rave restaurant "cosmic crepes" should stop by for a taste ;)

marshmeli and ant880 like this.
  24. I would eat at cosmic crepes

cosmicevan likes this.
  25. marshmeli

yeah i heard about them and that they want to start off with a good beer list

cosmicevan likes this.
  26. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (710) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

27. marshmeli

Watching an episode of the web show called Local Brew that was featuring Maine Beer Co, there was a glass that I have never seen before. Anyone know how to acquire of these mini-snifter(-like) glasses from Maine?

Can they be bought at the brewery or only used for tastings, etc? If anyone has extras I would love to try and trade for it or if they sell them maybe I can emails the brewery and see if they will let me purchase via phone/email.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. I've never seen that glass, I like it a lot. We need a Maine local to check and then we need to buy a bunch! Anyone out there want to help? Ill buy you one or two for helping an ill take a few and I'm sure others will two.

cosmicevan and marshmeli like this.
  29. marshmeli

that would be great, will also buy a glass or 2 for a local for helping out.

30. marshmeli

Reached out to Maine via email. This is the reply:

Thanks for writing! We use those glasses in our tasting room for samples, and do not currently sell them. Thanks again for reaching out.

Bummer

31. Thanks for trying!

32. marshmeli

I think it is fair to say the offer from you and I still stands for any locals or visitors, who can somehow end up with a few glasses after a trip to the tasting room.

33. The CCB Hunaphus glass is a great one in the style the OP was looking for. My bad if its already been mentioned. Well priced, too!

34. trxxpaxxs

trxxpaxxs Champion (760) New York Mar 5, 2010

35. dc55110

I've got a new one from Big Time Brewing in Seattle. Its for their Old Wooly barleywine. I'll post a picture later.

36. I received that one in the 2011 Secret Santa. It's a nice little snifter.

[​IMG]

37. dc55110

That's the one!