1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Miracles DO happen!

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by msubulldog25, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Hair of the Dog finally has a new website design! :eek: = :D

Congrats to Alan and HotD team... the site looks great! (although I've only looked a few minutes... and I haven't yet found the updated vintage guide to Adam & Fred. Still to come?)
    spdyfire83 and distantmantra like this.
  2. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Savant (475) Oregon Aug 28, 2009

3. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (235) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

I suppose that explains why I have not seen Alan in the brewpub for the past two weeks....he has been jacking the website! Good on him.
  4. A miracle indeed!
  5. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Savant (475) Oregon Aug 28, 2009

I'm just happy that they're updated up to the current batch!
  6. ggfunk

ggfunk Savant (280) Oregon Mar 29, 2010

The old one reminded me of Dunder Mifflin's
  7. CaptainTripps

CaptainTripps Initiate (0) Oregon Aug 8, 2010

Ugh. Better, but still bad
    djbreezy likes this.
  8. Disagree completely. The color scheme matches the brewery, and the design is simple and to the point. Almost all the basic information is right there for you (including directions), and, even better, the tap list is on the front page, which few places actually provide at a first glance.
    digita7693 likes this.
  9. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

All hail the Website God... he has spoken...

All seriousness though. This is an amazing site comparably. And considering the DIY aspect of HotD, you have to cut Alan some slack here. I mean, I'm not going to expect any crazy Motion/Flash graphics or HTML5.

However, the hours listed for the tasting room are way out of date.

EDIT: On a related, yet unrelated note... Do you think we have enough HotD threads going right now?
  10. black13

black13 Savant (390) Oregon Apr 11, 2010

I have to agree the site is great. Now the only thing the rest of the country can complain about now (instead of the fact that the vintage list wasn't updated) is the fact that we can all get growlers of Adam for $15.
    guajolote likes this.
  11. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

It has a guestbook. WOW. Talk about an homage to the past!

I think it does the trick. Much more content rich and useful than the other site and carries the brand a bit forward.

Found a z-index error where the pop-up beer labels end up behind that top slideshow (Sorry, I'm a web developer).
  12. CaptainTripps

CaptainTripps Initiate (0) Oregon Aug 8, 2010

Oh fuck, sorry I let my opinion out. I'll try to keep it in check next time.
  13. boMD

Roger that.
  14. djbreezy

Can I just ask who chose the checkerboard js transition in the slideshow, over say...um maybe just a basic non-distracting dissolve? :D

And DIY...um the logo is just slightly complicated with the whole dog illustrations and the perfect typesetting. Hmm...about that.
  15. boMD

I agree about the dissolve. I wasn't referring to their logo as far as DIY. Alan is very hands on DIY. Even from simple things like the hand made light fixtures in the tasting room. Did you ever follow HotD before 2010, before the tasting room opened?
  16. spdyfire83

spdyfire83 Savant (320) Ireland Oct 17, 2009

Pretty cool new site - well done Alan and HotD crew! Personally though, I will miss the "classicness" and simplicity of the old site.

I'm curious to know why not all beers were included in the "Beers" section of the redesigned site. Dave and Eve are missing :(
  17. djbreezy

Nah, not at all. I didn't even know they were in Portland prior to 2010. Makes sense.

It is kind of silly in 2012 to roll out a new website that doesn't have any sort of mobile option, however.
  18. boMD

If you have ever gone to the bathroom either in the side alley or in the "bathroom" with the door that didn't shut and the stack of Malt Advocate magazines at the old HotD, you'd know what I am talking about when I mean DIY.
    msubulldog25 likes this.
  19. This made me laugh at those memories. Good times.
    Dubbercody and boMD like this.
  20. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (340) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

Looks and navigates great on the iPhone.
  21. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Sorry if I missed it in this thread... where do I find the date this bottle of Rose batch 34 was bottled? I'm about to open it, would like to add the info to my notes/review... Cheers!
  22. boMD

I couldn't find a vintage guide for it on the new site. Rose hasn't been made since 2005. My guess is Alan won't include a vintage guide for this retired beer.

However!... Through very little detective work I was able to quickly read though some reviews on RateBeer and I saw ratings that stated they were Batch 34 from back in 2002.
  23. draheim

Thanks man. Good idea, I should have thought of that. So this is officially the oldest beer I've ever had (about half gone now). Pretty cool.
  24. draheim