1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

MN and WI beers list as FT?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Hopsiam14, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Savant (395) Minnesota Jan 23, 2013

What are the beers from MN and WI beers you would put out there as trade bait? I'm new to trading and could use some advice for what I should be offering.
  2. prdstmnky

prdstmnky Savant (420) Vermont Jan 8, 2010

What do YOU like from those states? Seems like educating yourself on the wonderful beers available in your neck of the woods, before trading them, would be a bit beneficial. Not trying to be a dick, its just an answer that could be very rewarding to find out on your own. No need to jump right into trading!
    Ungertaker likes this.
  3. Hopsiam14

I definitely know what I like locally but I was wondering what others "value" who don't live in the area. I totally get what you are saying but it was more about knowing what others are looking for.
  4. vacax

vacax Advocate (620) California Jun 3, 2008

You can trade New Glarus and Surly beers all day.
    Gosox8787 likes this.
  5. prdstmnky

prdstmnky Savant (420) Vermont Jan 8, 2010

+ Town Hall growlers, better Central Waters offerings, better Founders / Bells / GI stuff (to those not in distribution area)

I guess more of my point was, if you dont know about such beers that might get mentioned in this thread, before buying them and trading them off, give them a try yourself :)
  6. Hopsiam14

Excellent tips, thanks! Definitely enjoy and have lots of central waters (bourbon barrel, Peruvian) surly (Darkness) and New Glarus (Belgian Red).
  7. figure out what you want from outside of your region, look up there distribution through seekabrew,

and start an iso, and you should be able to do well

its all about what you have that others want, and then helping each other out,
    Hopsiam14 likes this.
  8. dman127

dman127 Aficionado (230) Illinois Jul 11, 2011

Start small and ask for local shelf brews. Don't rush into big trades. Surly should be attractive. Lots of folks like Abrasive, Furious, etc. From the Chicago area, you could get Half Acre, Pipeworks, etc. shelf stuff. Maybe some FFF. The others you have are desirable too. Good Luck!
    Hopsiam14 likes this.