1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Mobile, AL..looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'US - South' started by jageraholic, Jan 17, 2013.

1. I'm travelling to Mobile, AL, for a few days, flying into Pensacola, Fl and looking for a good craft beer shop to fill my hotels mini fridge while i'm there. Looking for any suggestions that would be in route to Mobile from the airport. Saw a few places on here that looked promising.
  2. nate8767

nate8767 Aficionado (185) Alabama Nov 1, 2011

Depends on where your hotel is. Cottage Hill Package is going to be your best option, but it's in SW Mobile. So, if you are staying downtown, it's a good 25-30 minute drive without traffic. Springhill Spirits is closer, and generally has the same inventory, though somewhat less extensive.

LoDa biergarden is downtown and the best option for draft beer in town. I'd guess 60+ beers on tap and by far the best selection in Mobile or surrounding areas.
  3. That biergarden sounds fantastic. I'm staying in daphne so probably wont venture to SW Mobile.
  4. Nate, are Good People cans readily available in Mobile? I'm in New Orleans.
  5. nate8767

Very convenient from Daphne, I'd say 10 minutes from the Daphne side of the bay bridge.
  6. nate8767

The Good People IPA and the brown ale are pretty easy to find. I don't think snake handler cans make it down here though, which is tragic.
  7. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Advocate (515) Vermont Mar 10, 2006

I haven't been in the area for 8-9 years, but my guess is that you'd do best stocking up before you leave Pensacola.
  8. That was my plan. Hit the filling station about 10 min from the airport then to Mobile.
  9. StuartCarter

StuartCarter Savant (425) Alabama Apr 25, 2006

8 - 9 years ago is irrelevant. Since then ABV has changed, bombers are legal, and there's now 12 production breweries in AL including Fairhope, which you should visit if you have the chance.
  10. nate8767

The real issue is we need a legit Mobile group. You Birminghamians and Montgomeriers can drive, can't you?!
  11. StuartCarter

StuartCarter Savant (425) Alabama Apr 25, 2006

there *is* a Mobile chapter of Free The Hops....
  12. When are you gonna be there? I will be traveling in the opposite direction (thru Mobile to Pensacola), but I will be carrying some goodies from Texas to share. I will be there this Saturday.
  13. I was there last week. Hit up Hopjacks twice. Great place.
    BeerZack likes this.