1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

Molson Canadien or Labatt Blue?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZAP, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ZAP

ZAP Champion (785) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

OK..I shouldn't have to put a disclaimer but check my reviews....I drink a lot of quality beer but after hockey we tend to have either Labatt Blue or Molson Canadien in the lockerroom....

What is your preference? I personally think Molson Canadien is considerably better for the style of beer.....nice macro maltiness....Labatt is just kind of astringent........thoughts?

2. Blue is better b/c it's named after the Bombers.

JonnyBeers and kjyost like this.
  3. Gatorade.

Rutager likes this.
  4. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

I don't think when I drink either. But in the past I have always leaned towards Blue.

TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  5. Old Milwuakee tall boys.

6. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (845) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

Molson sucks just slightly less.

WassailWilly likes this.
  7. Molson Canadian I guess if its between the two....but I would take a PBR straight up over both of them

8. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (670) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

Molson Canadian for sure. I often drink one on the flight home and it gives me that "Home and Native" feel :)

Jeff

9. Blue hands down, can't get a Canadian down... though I have been known to happily drink an Ex at dive bars.

10. Blue - Bombers & a true North End Winnipeg beer.

That said they are both swill and I only drink them when with the great unwashed (my friends) so I'll take whatever they prefer.

11. If those are my only choices - Canadian for sure.

12. If Canadien is the same thing as Canadian, then Canadian...but I really wouldn't care either way.

13. When i started out drinking, they didn't have Canadian in Quebec but didn't matter, i was a Blue Dry guy. Now they taste like alcohol fuel or something (i can't really describe it but it's off-putting). My dad has been having some Black Label at his house recently, that's not bad Also, when we were at my sister-in-law's for the Super Bowl, they had Molson Canadian and it was alright.

14. Canadian.

15. I think the only thing I hate more than Canadian is Blue...
    Canadian for me.

JonnyBeers likes this.
  16. I'm not partial as long as its cold, hell there's usually a case between the benches.
    The only time I drank a Mich Ultra was in the locker room it was just like water.

libbey and Rempo like this.
  17. If I have to drink either Blue Or Canadian at a bar I usally add Clamato to improve the taste. They are good for beer cocktails.

I find little differance between them.

In BC Canadian is brewed in Vancouver and Blue is brewed in Alberta. There will be differences between the regional breweries. I'm not sure where the exported beers are brewed.

18. If those are the only choices then I would take Canadian in a heartbeat. I don't think it's that bad as far as industrial-style pale lagers go.

But if I'm going to be buying a domestic pale lager with my own money I'd rather save a few bucks and get Upper Canada or something.

19. It's funny, Blue always struck me as being at least recognizably of a style. The profile seems vaguely pilsnery to me, while Canadian has always seemed unappetizingly sweet. Seems I'm in the minority big time!