1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Monocacy Brewing Co. (is it part of Brewers Alley affiliation)?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by bubseymour, Feb 2, 2013.

1. bubseymour

bubseymour Advocate (590) Maryland Oct 30, 2010

Anyone know anything more about the Monocacy Brewing Co. that recently opened in Frederick, MD?
    I read something that it is affilaited with Brewers Alley in downtown Fredneck. I heard that Brewers recently moved their fermenters and operations out of their restaurant in the last year or so (I haven't been there in over a year). So just wondering what Monocacy Brewing Co. is. I heard also that the Flying Barrell may also be tied into all of this. Can anyone local to Frederick help clear the air on this? I've had many people ask.

Just bought a bottle of Riot Rye Pale Ale locally in Frederick, MD bottle shop. Must say it is a very fine beer if anyone likes hoppy ales with balanced malt flavors to boot. I entered "new brewer" for Monocacy here on BA and as soon as it passes inspector 12, I'll write a review of the first released beer.
  2. Carrman

Carrman Disciple (60) Maryland Dec 20, 2012

It is owned by the same people that own Brewers Alley. They did move all of their equipment out of the restaurant into the new facility which is actually a old factory building in Frederick. I believe The Flying Barrell is leasing space in the same building, don't know if they're affiliated with Monocacy or not.
  3. bubseymour

bubseymour Advocate (590) Maryland Oct 30, 2010

Great! Thanks for the info. I know that building well. It's been various Italian Restaurants over the last 20+ years, and an empty factory in the back. So all of the Brewer Alley Beers are now made from that facility as well? Don't quite understand the 2 names/1 brewery location though.