1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Montreal Breweries and Bottle Shops

Discussion in 'Canada' started by parkingphi, Mar 30, 2013.

1. I'm going to be taking a vacation up to Montreal at the beginning of July. I was wondering what breweries I should go to other than DDC. I also was hoping to find a bottle shop to stock up on Canadian crafts.
  2. Benelux, l'Amere a boire La Succursale and Cheval Blanc are can't miss brewpubs, after DDC. Vices & Versa is a good beer bar with 30+ taps, all Quebec micros. Peluso and Veux-tu une biere are my favorite bottle shops. You won't find selections from other provinces but there's enough from Quebec to make you happy :)

Look for Naufrageur (esp. St-Barnabe), Dunham, Hopfenstark and Trois Mousquetaires. There's more but that's all that comes to mind with a hyperactive toddler in my arms :D
  3. Is there any way we can get a mod to sticky this? Because we get this topic every other week, and it's always the same answers.
    4ster likes this.
  4. mynie

mynie Advocate (685) Indiana Jun 22, 2004

All the brewpubs are solid but DDC was the only one I really thought was worth seeking out. Overall, the Canadian beer scene is strikingly different than the US' and I'm glad I went outside of my usual beer comfort zone and stopped by a wide variety of bars--not just beer-specific ones.
  5. hoser

hoser Savant (380) Alberta (Canada) Feb 17, 2003

There should be a sticky note for Cantillon questions to.
    FondueVoodoo, Rutager and papat444 like this.