1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Montreal, Quebec

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jelio, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Hi everyone,

I was wondering what stores in Montreal sell the widest range of American produced craft beers?

Thanks!

2. Short answer. None.

The only place you can find american beer is at the SAQ and there's close to nothing. (Under 5 different shitty bottles)

Set yourself a nice little road trip to VT and go enjoy some fresh stuff right where it's brewed.

3. Ugh that sucks

Thanks for the answer though, i might just have to drive down to VT sometime ... im in burlington and platsburg from time to time, hopefully they have shops with good selection there.

bummer that montreal doesnt have options for American craft beer, after all we are so close to the border

4. If you go to Burlington, Winooski Beverage is an awesome bottle shop that is about 5 mins from downtown Burlington.

papat444 likes this.
  5. Plattsburgh has some decent options. They even sell Founders at Price Chopper. Just know your legal limits for crossing the border

6. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Are there any bottle shops in VT just across the border, or does one need to venture deep into the heart of the state to see civilization/beer shop?

7. I would highly recomend venturing about an hour into VT to Winooski Bev for any good selection.

8. Might be going there this weekend :D

9. There are no bottle shops that I know of close to the border, but there is a growler shop close to the border called Hill Farmstead that is pretty awesome :)

LarryAppleton likes this.
  10. Close-ish maybe? About an hour away from Stanstead. Would be less if it were a straight line :D

11. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Ontario (Canada) Jul 24, 2012

Nice. New gig at work will have me visiting Montreal quite often (every other month or so).
    Will have to make a run after doing work stuff.

12. Nice! I'm envious.

13. Lucky you. That sure beats the hell out of re doing your roof as I will be doing...

14. Eh, not working out finally :(

I did grab the new Charlevoix DIPA so that compensates some :)

15. Thats the single hop? Which hop this time?

16. Palisade