1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

More?!! New Bruery Allocations

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Beerontwowheels, Apr 6, 2012.

1. I don't think I can handle this solo anymore!!

Here's the latest allocation email:

100% Bourbon Barrel Aged Fruet - 4th Anniversary Ale
    5 Bottle Limit - $30/bottle ($25.50 after RS discount)
    Fruet is our fourth anniversary ale. It is the same recipe as Papier and our other anniversary ales, and again was created using the Solera method. Each year we will continue to blend old barrels of anniversary ale with a new batch of the same beer, adding an additional layer of complexity that will grow over time as we continue to age and blend with each anniversary, creating an older average age to the ale. This year, for the first time, we are ONLY offering the 100% bourbon barrel aged version of our anniversary ale. It has taken us four years to work up our capacity enough to do this and we are extremely happy about this offering.
    15.5% ABV, Cellerable for many years

Go Team! - A Collaboration with Eagle Rock Brewery
    2 Bottle Limit - $10/bottle ($8.50 after RS discount)
    For our second local collaboration this year, we teamed up with Los Angeles based Eagle Rock Brewery. For those who don't know the beers of Eagle Rock, they are some of the finest around and it was realy fun working with their crew. Together we blended our styles and developed a pretty unique recipe that we are referring to as a Belgian-style mild ale. There aren't many sessionanable Belgian ales around and Eagle Rock is well known for some lower alcohol beers; we are very excited for you to try this one.
    4.7% ABV, Best enjoyed within 6 months
  2. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

I'm kinda meh on these. I think I'll skip them, and use the money for Eclipse futures!
    afrokaze and PaulStoneAnchor like this.
  3. I loved cuir so I maxed out on fruet, skipping the 'Go Team' collaboration.
  4. AndrewK

AndrewK Savant (345) California Oct 20, 2006

Excited for the BA Fruet. What I want to know is though, what does the name mean? Fruet is not in any French dictionary I have. The fourth anniversary present is supposed to be fruit and/or flowers (or alternatively silk/linen, depending on what country you are in). Maybe they wanted to call it Fruit but couldnt get it past TTB because there is no fruit in it?
  5. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

Really hope Fruet gets distributed, like the previous non-BA anniversary beers. The various anniversary beers are my favorites of theirs.
    afrokaze likes this.
  6. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

7. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

Yay, another damn expensive Bruery beer that I have to buy!

:(
  8. mjmadsen21

mjmadsen21 Aficionado (245) Indiana Jan 13, 2012

Sounds tough...I will take a few fruets off your hands if its too difficult!...In all honesty I would also trade for 1.
  9. GregSVT

GregSVT Savant (475) Texas Jul 1, 2009

You RS n00bs have no idea what you're in for when Black Tuesday, Melange #3, and Oude Tart allocations come out...assuming they release them all again this year. I spent around $900 in a few months.
    Levitation likes this.
  10. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I'm glad that they're BBA-ing them all.
  11. AndrewK

not to mention that the membership re-up was around the same time too.
  12. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (825) California Nov 16, 2009

Amen to that one.
  13. It's not just the financial aspect of this RS, I'm running out of room in my cellar! Had I know Fruet was around the corner, I probably wouldn't have opted to buy extra of the BBA Smoking Wood.

I'm curious if this 100% BA Fruet will see distribution similar to regular (25% BA) Coton and Cuir. Being a new RS member, I know I appreciated seeing regular Coton and Cuir on the shelves. Those are the beers that got me excited about The Bruery.

Ahh, well. First world problems.
  14. Just when I thought being a 2012 RS Member was becoming pointless one of my favorite RS beer goes to distribution. At this rate count me out for 2013

Guess it sucks for those who have a vertical of the non barrel aged anniversary series.
  15. That's what I read
  16. Just traded for a bottle of papier.... Yup. It sucks.
  17. Would have been cool if 100% BA stayed rs only. Just sayin'.
    NoSignsOfPain and StarRaptor like this.
  18. I don't get the 100% BA only thing. Doesn't that make it too different from the 25% versions? How are we to detect the nuances that the aged layers of the anniversary beers bring to the table through a full on barrel assault? I traded my BA Cuir's because for one, the previous two would be too hard to acquire, and two, I didn't feel that they truly fit with 25%ers, other than just a bonus side beer. Oh well, what can you do.
  19. Yes! I've been waiting for this. 4th anniversary gifts are flowers and fruit and it looks like they combined the names.
    NoSignsOfPain likes this.
  20. You guys can complain all you want about stuff, but BA Cuir was probably the most delicious Bruery beer I've ever had. If they're going full distro with their A-Game of BA .vs. non-BA Anniv. beer, all the more power to them I say. The non-BA was a mere shadow of the BA version...
  21. I'm sitting on two BA Cuir's just waiting to give them a try. It was a bit of a whale for me, personally, so I'm almost hesitant to open them up. I really like Cuir and Coton, and thought the 25% BA versions were great.

I thought this 4th anniversary was supposed to be called 'Fleur'. Perhaps they ran into some naming issues/infringement. Hmmm..
  22. I was right!

From the 2012 RS initial email:

We anticipate the following beers to be released to the Reserve Society in 2012:

•Filmishmish
    •Sour In The Rye
    •Kriek
    •Chocolate Rain
    •100% Barrel Aged Fleur
    •White Oak
    •Oude Tart
    •Oude Gueuzie
    •Black Tuesday
    •Melange #3
    •Smoking Wood
    •Barrel Aged 4 Calling Birds
    •Approximately 8 Provisions Series releases including some very exciting collaborations with local breweries
  23. Cinderbike

Cinderbike Savant (270) Nevada Jan 16, 2011

I was hoping that since the 100% BBA Fruet was hitting distribution, we'd see the return of Brandy and/or Rye versions. Oh well. :/

This will probably drive up demand for 100% BA Cuir and Coton ( and make BA Papier even more impossible to get).
  24. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

Probably didn't want a fight with InbevAB.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/50276
  25. That would have been pretty awesome.
    That's the beer I was thinking of when I posted above. Seems like they never would have gotten as far as listing Fleur in the initiation email then, but who knows.

I'm guessing if this 100% BA Fruet hits all over, there will be no tag like there was on Cuir. Could be wrong..
  26. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (460) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Anybody willing to mule on the BA Fruet? Send me a message. Cant afford the flight ;)
  27. Zapp

Zapp Zealot (85) California Aug 19, 2011

Just a guess, but Fruit + Rue = Fruet.
    gklover1 and Wowcoolman like this.
  28. AndrewK

I dont get all the complaints about them only doing a 100% BA version or it being distributed. Seems like people are more concerned about continuing their precious verticals than the quality of the beers in the bottle.
    vacax and usofar like this.
  29. Cinderbike

Cinderbike Savant (270) Nevada Jan 16, 2011

Probably not, although each year it changed depending on the anniversary "gift" e.g. Paper wrapper for Papier, cotton sack for Coton. I don't think they'd tape some fruit to it but who knows.
  30. Maybe wrap it in a Fruet roll-up?

[​IMG]
  31. super stoked. I'm definitely maxing out on the BA Fruet. Can't wait to compare it to the BA Cuir
  32. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

they seem to be really off on their estimate of every other month. After each allotment I think, okay now at least I have an extra month to save up for the next one... nope
  33. mrbubbler

mrbubbler Savant (365) California Jun 16, 2008

"100% BA Fruet will be distributed, however, it will only be sold in cases of 6 bottles so there won't be as many out on the market like previous years. We are still in the process of bottling so we don't have a specific bottle count yet."

Don't know how i feel about this..
  34. Who do they think they are, Westvleteren?
  35. mrbubbler

they just need to axe the RS society and start the chocolate rain society..
    Beerontwowheels likes this.
  36. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

Personally I like the RS because I can order beer and have my trustee ship it to me but if I lived close to the brewery, I'm not sure it would be worth paying for a membership.

My trustee doesn't even bother getting more than one bottle of every non-RS exclusive allocation because he knows he can drive over to Provisions and get additional bottles if he wants.
    NoSignsOfPain likes this.
  37. Hoping them releasing the 100% BA version means they are stepping it up and have a bigger plan in motion. Might just be setting myself up for disappointment.
  38. immobilisme

immobilisme Savant (380) Illinois Nov 8, 2005

Where did you read this? Is this a response to an email or something?
  39. mrbubbler

email response from The Bruery.
  40. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (420) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

I know I won't be losing sleep over it. I picked up a bottle of Coton two years ago in FL when I went on a beer run from MS, and managed to find Cuir on the shelves out here dropping by somewhere on a whim. But I'm not going to actively drive around town looking for it, find a mule, or drive down there myself to get it.

I guess I'm sort of zen when it comes to beers. If I find it I'll get it, but if I don't find then life goes on and better luck next time.
    NoSignsOfPain and Sebowski like this.