1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

More TG Pseudo Sue going out!

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by AnalogErik, Jan 16, 2014.

1. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Savant (385) Minnesota Jul 23, 2013

Following TG on twitter. Looks like more Sue bottles are going out today. Im jealous of our friends to the South and to the East.

In previous tweets, they said it was coming out very clear and it wasnt filtered yet. The last two bottles I had were heavy in sediment.

I dont think I can get to the Nova today though, so that makes me a sad beer guy :(
    Chaz likes this.
  2. Chaz

Chaz Champion (815) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

Aren't we all? ;)
  3. AnalogErik

So in other words

"Duh"

hahaha :)
    Chaz likes this.
  4. Surlytime

Surlytime Zealot (95) Minnesota Mar 21, 2008

I didn't see the Nova on their list of drop spots. Did you see it listed somewhere?
  5. AnalogErik

Twitter comments. I went to their actual feed and saw they replied to someone.

Surlytime likes this.
  6. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (695) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

I am assuming it will probably be tomorrow, per usual?
  7. Seems they alternate who gets it first... Madison then La Crosse and Hudson, then the next time La Crosse and Hudson followed by Madison... Looks like it is Madison's turn this time first
  8. McRyan

McRyan Aficionado (220) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

Anyone have more information about this?

Rumors from the brewery are that the stout tasting @casanovaliquor could see a preview of a never before released BA beer.
  9. doner24

doner24 Aficionado (175) Minnesota Apr 16, 2013

I called and I guess they aren't getting anything until Saturday, as they will be there for the dark beer fest.
  10. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (695) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

Gotta get people to pay that ridiculous amount one way or another...
  11. bocky24

bocky24 Aficionado (150) Iowa Apr 10, 2013

Just opened a bottle from latest batch. Does something taste off or is it just me?
  12. bocky24

Just opened a bottle from latest batch. Does something taste off or is it just me?
  13. MJSawyer

MJSawyer Savant (255) Minnesota Aug 16, 2013

Yes - last batch was drain pour worthy in my opinion. It gave me a ripping headache, then down the drain.
  14. I think he meant the brand new batch.It was worded "latest batch"
  15. bocky24

I hope it was just the one bottle but I did drain pour it, tasted infected.
  16. AnalogErik

The last bottle I had from a couple months ago (at least) was heavy on sediment, the bottom almost had a heat to it.
  17. doner24

doner24 Aficionado (175) Minnesota Apr 16, 2013

I sure hope the new batch is good. The last growlers I got filled, in early to mid December were absolutely fantastic.
  18. Rob-P

Rob-P Aficionado (125) Iowa Feb 29, 2012

I don't think it is ever filtered.
  19. aubzachsyd

aubzachsyd Savant (305) Iowa Oct 7, 2013

Saw tour Twitter post about this, also. Curious to see if they respond. Bought 2 bottles from Bettendorf but haven't opened either one.
  20. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (390) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

What do the bottles run at the brewery?
  21. AnalogErik

Jan 15 on their feed: "This Sue is really clear. It is still unfiltered" I read that as they hadnt filtered it yet, but i know you are right, that it was unfiltered in the past.
  22. bocky24

They have got hold of me. Trying to figure things out. If anybody in dport wants to try one of my bottles to get a second opinion I would appreciate it. Right now I think it might be my palate or something since no one else has had an issue.
  23. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Aficionado (225) Iowa Jun 18, 2013

I read it as it was more clear than normal, but they didn't still didn't filter it (like always). Perhaps that has something to do with the difference in taste? I still got 2 bottles today. Hoping they're ok.
    AnalogErik likes this.
  24. Psst...don't tell anybody but there's been Sue bottles at Casanova's since Saturday.
  25. aubzachsyd

aubzachsyd Savant (305) Iowa Oct 7, 2013

If anyone in the Quad City is interested I have for trade 1 bottle of Sue from the latest batch. Nothing wrong with it just not my thing. I'd like to get some BBA in return. 2013 Goose Island Bourbon County and it's variants would top the list. Since this bottle was $7 I'd be more than willing to pay the difference. I'll be
  26. 4four4

4four4 Aficionado (175) Minnesota Apr 27, 2007

TG ran out of it.
  27. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (915) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Anyone try the latest batch that is 7% ABV? I'm buying 2 bottles this afternoon and can't wait to see what it is like. I have 2 week old Zombie Dust in the fridge as well. Great times. :)
  28. MNPikey

MNPikey Savant (475) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Tons at Casanovas with no limit.
    McRyan likes this.
  29. Ri0

The 30bbl system is really bringing the beer. Madison will get more Sue next week. Can you say "shelf turd." It may last 2-3 days now.
  30. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Advocate (540) Iowa Jun 25, 2011

Sssshhhh!!! Out of market people don't need to know this! Keep that trade value sky high man! Come on!
  31. MNPikey

Lasted over a week in Hudson after last delivery.
  32. Apologies from my end. Normally I do my part in buying my share but I'm still working my way through all the other non-Minnesota distributed beers I bought from the last couple of Casanova trips. Guess those Dale's Pale Ales aren't so special on this side of the river anymore.
    ToadiesForCody likes this.
  33. Ri0

Sue #7 is terrific. Seems a tad sweeter and richer to me and I think I like it at 7% ABV.
    BottleCaps80 likes this.
  34. ToddSoonerFan

ToddSoonerFan Aficionado (185) Iowa Aug 23, 2013

Scored some #7 SUE and some Stone Stochasisity from Ankeny Hyvee #2 tonight. Topped it off with a six of Saga. Getting ready for US v Canada on Friday. And some bad weather tomorrow.
  35. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (835) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

It did last time at Steve's University. I still saw it 2 days after it hit town, at least a case of it sitting in the cooler, still limit 2. I really want this beer in 12oz 6packs now...
    GeezLynn and nickapalooza86 like this.
  36. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (560) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

This latest batch of Sue (7% ABV) is the best I've ever had. I hope the new 30bbl brewhouse cranks this same version out consistently going forward. It's amazing.
    Ri0 and ToadiesForCody like this.
  37. Ri0

Agreed, the flavor was off the charts. I have not bought it for a few months, but I was intrigued by this batch. Glad I bought 2 bottles. :)
    BottleCaps80 likes this.
  38. Steasy66

Steasy66 Savant (310) Minnesota Feb 23, 2012

I wasn't impressed with the 7% Sue. I thought the added sweetness took something away from the hop flavor.
  39. bpfrush

bpfrush Advocate (535) Wisconsin Jan 24, 2009

This exactly. While still a very, very good beer, I personally prefer my pale ales/IPAs to be super dry with very minimal sweetness to enjoy the unadulterated hop flavor. That's what I love about the half dozen or so TG pales/IPAs I've had including many of the previous batches of Sue. This version was definitely more balanced (still on the dry end, just not super dry).
    UWBadgerFan4Life and McRyan like this.
  40. MNPikey

Was the 7% Sue a one time thing while they adjust their recipe to the new 30BBL brewhouse? Too much grain the first batch causing increased ABV?