1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Most prolific Brewery?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bitterbill, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

On BA, Goose Island has 163 Current and 290 Archived beers!! 453 combined. Can you find a Brewery to beat that?

spointon likes this.
  2. Mikkeller's last month's releases;)

spointon, luwak and PaulQuinn like this.
  3. I was going to say Jackie O's but not even close.

4. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

Rock Bottom 363 current and 549 retired. Granted Rock Bottom does not really compare, the company as a whole is quite prolific.

5. Mikkeller is the Paul Erdős of breweries -- a bumblebee that goes from flower to flower, pollinating each.

heresy22 likes this.
  6. skunkpuddle

skunkpuddle Savant (260) California Feb 14, 2011

This thread is too confusing for me

7. While not that many iron Hill brewery has like 243 active, granted with all their locals at any given point you probably have between 60-100 on tap, I guess... Just rough ballpark #'s

8. samie85

samie85 Savant (395) Illinois Feb 10, 2009

See the problem with a thread like this is that a "brewery" like Rock Bottom that has 34 locations and allows their brewers room to brew their own beers, the numbers get big real quick. If you're limiting it to one brewing location that quantifies it a little more. Even GI has the 2 brewpubs in addition to the production brewery, so individual beers amass quite quickly.

Bitterbill likes this.