1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Mother of all Storms 2012

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by AndresR, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Brewgoop

Brewgoop Aspirant (35) Colorado Aug 2, 2012

I got a case and am looking to unload two of them for two Bourbon County Cherry Rye stouts. Hit me up if anyone is interested. I have traded a ton so if you need ref's let me know.

2. funhog

funhog Savant (435) Illinois Mar 8, 2011

Today is a good day! Tracking # received,
    2012 MoaS case by the end of the week:)

3. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

If anyone wants to part with a bottle or 2 for trade or cash. BM me.

4. Moc513

Moc513 Savant (305) New York May 24, 2012

I got mine around 7:30 today EST

5. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

Im only getting a half of a case. I split it with another BA....but after all this hype i cant wait to (hopefully) get a full case next year!

6. LarryByrd

LarryByrd Zealot (75) Indiana Nov 3, 2012

I was sort of disheartened when I got the phone call. Shipping to Chicago was gonna be almost $300, and the guy I was gonna split it with got out last minute. I just couldn't find any justification for dropping that much for 12 bottles of the same beer. Perhaps and ISO will be in order some day.

7. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (285) New York May 15, 2011

I will have my case Friday. Hit me up if you want. I actually only wanted a half case but was unable to find someone to split. For trade, not for sale. Not looking for anything in particular, I guess.

8. LarryByrd

LarryByrd Zealot (75) Indiana Nov 3, 2012

Message sent, much appreciated :)

9. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Savant (260) California Dec 1, 2011

no tracking number for me yet :(

10. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Yeah i wanted to do this too. Let's Pour has the base beer for sale as of yesterday.

I originally was gonna get the MoAS case and a mixed case with the Stormwatchers, Grand Cru (which is beyond awesome btw good enough beer alone to recommned Pelican to anybody who digs anything yeasty and dark)
    and more of ther Brun and Stout as i had had them all at the brewery over the summer and loved em all......but then i realized i wasn't a one percenter

11. SkiBum22

SkiBum22 Savant (445) New York Oct 18, 2009

If anybody in NYC has any extra let me know!

12. You only wanted a half case (see also: didn't want to spend the cash on full case) but now the other half is only available for trade which will cause you to incur even further expense via shipping. :p

I just want to make sure I understand where you're coming from.

13. WagonCircler

I'm not the kind of person who needs 12 of the same thing. Not worried about the cost bro. Why do you care exactly?

14. I don't care. It was a curiosity. Nothing more. :) Carry on.

15. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

Message sent.

16. Got a case last year and have two on the way as I type this, Pelican called me last week to confirm the shipping address. Cracked one of the 2011's over the weekend with another BA friend and it was impressive. I'm thrilled they're able to ship it! :)

17. WagonCircler

Hey guys - all set on trading half my case. Thanks for the messages.

18. JNauser

JNauser Aficionado (130) Missouri Oct 17, 2012

I'm willing to trade some of mine away, like most I don't need 12 of the same beers. IP only please, BM me

I live in Kansas City MO btw

19. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

I've got a couple for trade as well if people are interested. Send me a BM and we can work it out.

20. davidsk

davidsk Zealot (95) California Sep 12, 2008

Same here, BM me if you're looking for a bottle or two. Would prefer to send this to people who can pick it up directly from me in the LA County area.

21. I too have bottles for trade and would prefer local south Florida folks but if you are interested regardless of location BM me. By the way, Pelican finally posted this sobering news: "Mother of All Storms 2012 is officially gone at the Pelican. There is a very limited quantity being distributed in the Portland, Vancouver & Seattle markets, so perhaps you can still pick up a bottle at a store near you."

22. Durb777

Durb777 Savant (415) Illinois Nov 30, 2011

Love the Avatar. KCCO

23. luwak

Box just arrived. will try not to drink all 12 bottles tonight...

2beerdogs and BeerTheater like this.
  24. Me thinks if you did, or even came close, you would need a flock of pelicans to deliver you to the ER. = )

By the way, are you gonna drink one fresh? Tonight? Of course you are...let us know what you think, ok?

luwak likes this.
  25. 3rdto1st

I had one last night and will tell you what I can. (Either my pallate sucks or I have a problem putting it in to words, so there won't be much)

A - Dark, darker than a barleywine has business being, but I like that. A very interesting head, somewhere between sandy and tan. Head stays for about a 5 count before the alcohols kill it.

S - Yup, this is a barleywine, and one hell of one too. It's a good thing I like liquor, cause you could probably get drunk off the smell. I am not sure what in my mind sets the barleywine apart from an old ale or malty DIPA, but this has it, best I can describe it is a barley spice in the nose, hope that helps lol. Lots of dark fruit smell too, fig is heavy here.

T - Dear holy hell, this is just what I need. Thick without needing to choke it down. Sweet caramel candy flavor with a ton of fig, and then as soon as you follow, hot alcohol. That hot alcohol flavor stays in your chest the entire way through, I like it :D

M - Like I said, thick, but at the same time reminiscent of a liquor. This is bourbon that's just disguised as a beer.

O - It would be rough to try and drink the entire bottle. This is truly hot like a spirit, and you should take your time as such. I am glad for all the bottles I got and am seriously considering IF I am going to trade any, lol.

I still love Sucaba, it is still #1 in my mind, but this is right behind. It's like Usain Bolt followed by Yohan Blake... Damn close.

luwak and BeerTheater like this.
  26. lvoutlawjlh

lvoutlawjlh Savant (315) Nebraska Mar 15, 2012

Did your box arrive yet?

[​IMG]

2beerdogs and luwak like this.
  27. 3rdto1st

Obviously lol

[​IMG]

lvoutlawjlh likes this.
  28. His was just a general holiday spirit statement with a question mark at the end.

lvoutlawjlh likes this.
  29. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

I hear ya. But I made a different call. i got the case, picked it up today, and am soooo happy. Kids are eating Top ramen this month though...;)

30. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (800) California Jan 31, 2005

Joy indeed!!!

lvoutlawjlh likes this.
  31. Box arrived at 8am this morning. Took all my will power not to open one then. I hate it when work gets in the way.

icetrauma and luwak like this.
  32. iamhappy

iamhappy Disciple (50) California Mar 12, 2010

This years label is a sticker. Last year it was painted.

33. luwak

Ahhhh my living room is overrun with Pelicans!!!!
    So many birds.....where's Rod Taylor when you need him?! (or Tippi Hedren...mmm....Tippi Hedren..... i wonder if she'd age well in a barrel....)

[​IMG]

icetrauma likes this.
  34. lvoutlawjlh

lvoutlawjlh Savant (315) Nebraska Mar 15, 2012

Pelican bowling.

35. davesway10

davesway10 Advocate (500) Iowa Jan 23, 2010

My case is still on the truck for delivery, ohh the agony

derkfromwi, dsal89 and Durb777 like this.
  36. walterfredo

walterfredo Savant (270) California Nov 22, 2011

If anyone would like to sell or trade a few, please message me. I'm CA, and have access to most CA beers

37. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Savant (345) Tennessee Apr 2, 2011

Beautiful!

38. -.03 KH units

;)

BlastBeats and duceswild like this.
  39. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

I will be so sad if I open my box today and find that this is truth.

40. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (495) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

I just got a case in the Chicago area and would be happy to part with a couple to fellow Chicagoans. I'd mostly be interested in trading beer for beer. PM if you are interested.