1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Mount Snow Area Bars and Bottle Shops?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by LiquidCourage, Feb 11, 2013.

1. I'll be in the Mount Snow area for a bachelor party this weekend.

1. Any good bars in the area?

2. Any good bottle shops or places to get kegs?
  2. Flashy

Flashy Advocate (525) Vermont Oct 22, 2003

You'd better call ahead for a keg if you want something decent- try the 7-11 in West Dover. Apre Vous in Wilmington is the best place close to the mountain- but if your going out at night I suggest cab service from Wilmington back to Dover. The Mid Station bar at Mount Snow has a great beer selection, but closes early. The Snow Barn can get pretty wild and has at least Dog Fish Head 60 on tap and a couple of others.
  3. deanhead

deanhead Savant (480) Vermont Sep 2, 2005

Along with what Flashy has mentioned there are a few other palces worth checking out. Decent beer selection, nothing exotic but you'll find something to drink for everyone in your group.

OMT on route 100 (next to the 7-11 in West Dover) has a respectable selection of beer on tap. Pool tables and pub food. Plenty of screens to watch sports. Worth checking out if you are bar hopping.

The Saloon has some decent beer on tap (also on route 100) with 1.00 PBR specials.

The Dover bar and Grill is a total local dive bar with foosball and pool tables.

Regarding kegs you could try discoun beverage in Brattleboro. They have access to some great beer. Call ahead or PM me if you want a barrel of McNeills and I'll see what I can find for you.
  4. Just wanted to second the recommendation of Apres Vous. I have a friend who lives in the area, and I've been very pleasantly surprised by the beer selection. It's a nice little spot with as good of a taplist as I've seen in southern Vermont (aside from McNeill's brewpub or Flat Street pre-flood, both in Brattleboro).

Looks like you could even catch the Moover #7 bus from Mt. Snow to downtown Wilmington, where Apres Vous is located, if you want to avoid driving and a cab fare.
  5. We had a good time at the Station at the Mountain Saturday. Great tap list right now...for a mountain. I had Allagash Curieux and the lady had S N Bigfoot. Though the pours suck for the big beers. (10%ABV and sking + laws creates very small pours Apres) The vibe was fun but dont expect to sit and eat. You might wait over an hour. The snow that morning was amazing...fresh tracks
  6. Thanks for the info.

One more question, any places near Mount Snow do growler fills?
  7. Flashy

Can't think of anywhere that fills growlers. Hoosick Street in Troy on the way up from the Thruways does. You are more likely to find a place that does that enroute.
    As for bus service in the valley: www.moover.com
  8. deanhead

9. madvibes

madvibes Aspirant (30) Vermont Sep 29, 2011

If you're coming through Bennington on the way to Mount Snow, you can stop at Northshire Brewery to fill growlers. Really good beer too. I think madison brewing co does them too.

Station Tap Room (open 11-8ish fri-sun) has excellent selection of crafts and it changes sometimes multiple times per day or weekend. Attached is an image of exactly what they've got at the time of this post :)

OMT in west dover has some good stuff on tap, and Apres Vous in wilmington does as well. 7-11 can do kegs, and they also have some good local 22oz bottles. same goes with river valley market in wilmington on the way into town.

if you go further north towards stratton there's a place called Mulemans in jamaica that has a ton of good stuff in bottles too.

[​IMG]
  10. deanhead

Shit...They burned throught the Hugh Malone already. I was there Sunday.....damnit, what was I thinking.
  11. Flashy

That little produce stand outside of Wilmington on Rt. 100 has a nice little beer selection (I actually liked the Switchback in bottles- ignore it on tap) - for decent prices.
  12. I assume discount beverage in Brattleboro is open until at least 10pm?

I'll certainly go to the Station Tap Room if they have BCBS on tap! Thanks for everyone's help. I'll report back as to where I went when I get back next week.
  13. deanhead

Don't assume. Call ahead especially for kegs. Hell if you are coming through Brattleboro consider stopping at The Brattleboro food coop if you are passing through before 9pm. They have a terrific selection of beer. Siera Nevada Ovila Dubbel and Golden ale are on sale right now. Riidonkulously cheap 4.99 for 750ml bottles and 6.49 for 500ml four packs.