Moving to Denver

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Todd, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,615) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Hey Mountain Region BAs -

Just a quick heads up ... It just became official last week. Candice and I are moving to Denver end of August. We love the Cambridge/Boston area, but it's time for a change.

Re: BeerAdvocate. We'll still be heading back to the Boston area on a regular basis (family, business/fests, etc), but we're very excited to be living in, and working out of, Denver.

We also look forward to raising some beers with fellow BAs and exploring the region's beer scene.

Cheers!

2. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

No beers here....go back ;)

No, really, good to hear! Welcome in advance to the growing beer scene in Colorado.

3. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Very cool - as I'm sure you've figured out, a new brewery seemingly opens every week...and luckily most of them are putting out some pretty fine suds.

It'll be cool to see some of our local haunts getting some additional (and well deserved) spotlight.

4. bfields4

bfields4 Savant (390) Colorado Dec 11, 2007

Glad to hear we'll have another great addition to the beer loving community out there.

Cheers!

5. will u be bringing caseloads of fine northeastern ales to share? :)

we welcome u with lots of beer!

6. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

This isn't the beer town you're looking for...
    *waves hand*

7. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (550) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Let us know when your in Ft. Collins!

8. sooooo good. be happy to share some of my CIB with you any time!

Steve_0 likes this.
  9. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

10. Todd

Sorry, just enough Heady Topper to last me a week; around 2 cases.

chugalug06 and ehammond1 like this.
  11. ChugLife

ChugLife Aficionado (240) Colorado Aug 13, 2012

Very cool to hear! I'll be moving there next week myself! Thumbs up!

12. Hojaminbag

Hojaminbag Advocate (535) Colorado Dec 20, 2007

I lived in Boston for a while and I think it's a great town. I'm in Denver now and I think I prefer Denver. Welcome to the area.

13. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (455) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

I lived in Boston for 10+ years. Remember seeing you and your buddy at The Other Side often. Love, love Denver...but love Boston more. Make sure you get your fill of pizza and seafood before heading out this way.

14. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (445) New York Jan 30, 2011

Is this a Beer advocate move?
    Are there any plans to move the festivals to the west coast?
    I hope the EBF says on the east coast. Honestly 2 EBFs would water the fests down.

Hope I'm not being too abrasive or personal.

15. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Savant (415) Colorado Apr 29, 2012

I lived in western MA the vast majority of my life, spent plenty of time visiting Boston and NYC. I've only been in Denver for just over a year, but I don't miss the north east in the slightest. Not the weather, not the "beer scene". There's some superb tap houses out that way, but breweries = meh.

If someone truly loves craft beer, this is the spot.

PS: Stock up on Founders, that is one of the major beer black holes in this area

16. Todd

It's a personal move. The beer scene is a bonus.

As for our fests: the core fests will remain in Boston (I'll be back a lot), but we do plan on hosting fests in other markets due to demand. Where? We're still exploring.

17. SteelersX

We love traveling to one of the greatest cities in the world, Boston.

I hope this one time super storm doesn't curb you from keeping this UNIQUE fest in Boston. Having it any where else or having 2 in a year would be a travesty. This is hands down the best fest in the world and should be kept unadulterated.

18. Todd

Well ... that's just one man's opinion who's jumping the gun; and it's unrelated to the topic at hand. ;)

19. SteelersX

Just asking a question.

20. Todd

I know. I'm just saying that my move to Denver is unrelated to our expanding the fests, and suggesting that it's premature to judge something that's yet to happen; we haven't nailed down what fest, where and when yet.

21. I grew up out in Western MA also. Just took a trip back there last week and had a great time visiting all the old places.

Jasonrm72 likes this.
  22. Todd

Good luck with your move. We'll have to compare moving notes over some beers.

ChugLife likes this.
  23. Feel free to share :rolleyes:

24. Hope to see you be a frequent guest around my hangouts!

Todd likes this.
  25. dsaudio

dsaudio Aficionado (180) Colorado Oct 13, 2010

Welcome to Colorado, know you will dig it here, the beers keep getting better, and the scene is always very welcoming. Your biggest issue will be keeping up with all the releases, festivals, anniversaries, and new breweries hitting Colorado. You have come at the perfect time, CHEERS !

Todd likes this.
  26. Todd

If you drink in the Denver area, you'll no doubt run into me. I plan on venturing out once we get settled too.

27. Todd

Update: Looks like we'll be official residents of Denver on August 17. Stoked.

Would love to plan on old school BA Gathering and have some pints with locals soon after. Once we settle in I'll drop something in the calendar.

Cheers!

ucsbmullet and SalukiAlum like this.
  28. look forward to your calendar update and sharing good brews!

29. Cfahooligan

Cfahooligan Events Director (385) Colorado Mar 19, 2001 Staff Member

We have no plans of any kind of beer festivals in Denver for now. We're keeping it in Boston for now where it's all familiar territory. But I will have plans for gatherings, dinners, tastings, and pub crawls. I will have some kind of welcoming party when we get there if anyone is interested in coming to meet us for a pint.

30. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

every day is a beer festival in denver if you want it to be.

rob2654 and schlegelmeister like this.