1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Must have beers in Chicago?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by a_beckman25, Feb 11, 2013.

1. a_beckman25

a_beckman25 Member

I've been putting off driving into Chicago on my journey from Michigan to Moline. I always stop at 3Floyds. Next trip I'm stopping. Ur city is kick ass. My only question, with all the great beers available, what r the must haves? I love double Ipa's, Porters, and BA stouts and porters. Thats not to say I don't appreciate other fine examples of their style.
  2. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Member

Anything Pipeworks!
  3. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Member

Go to Local Option. Tell them what you like. Have a great night.
    TMoney2591 and Grohnke like this.
  4. Grohnke

Grohnke Member

you'd be better off just hitting the good bars and brewpubs, profiting all along the way

(revolution, goose, half acre tap room, small bar, map room, hopleaf, local option, hell stop by west lakeview liquors while you're at it, beer temple etc etc)
    Shmuffalo likes this.
  5. wyatt13

wyatt13 Member

6. a_beckman25

a_beckman25 Member

Looked it up sounds awesome. They actually serve 22oz bombers?
  7. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Member

Ohh yah, common occurance. They keep an updated tap list on beer menus.
  8. PDZ

PDZ Member

Yes, you must have beers in Chicago.
  9. duobob

duobob Member

I recomend Half Acre Double Daisy Cutter, Canyon of Heroes and a growler Of Space. Pipeworks Unicorn Galaxy and Santa vs Unicorn they also have a bunch of stouts that are great. Spiteful Bitter Biker DIPA, GFY stout, and Burning Bridges. Three Floyds Zombie Dust ( if you can get it the brewery is your best bet) Derdnaught and Artic Panzer Wolf. Yes I love IPA's :D
  10. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Member

Revolution, by far I would recoment the Double Fist. The food is awesome as well. You won't have a bad time, enjoy the experience.
  11. BakeBisBife

BakeBisBife Member

Don't ask the bartenders a single question when you go to Local Option. Don't ask for a sample. Don't hesitate when you order and certainly don't change your order. Do this and you will thoroughly enjoy your time at what is one of the few redeeming qualities of Lincoln Park.

Also, bring lots of money. Go to the Map Room and Revolution (Logan Square) afterward.