1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Must tries in Frisco, TX

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by TheRookie, Dec 29, 2012.

1. I'm heading down to frisco and looking for some expertise on local beer. Any ideas or favorites that will be relatively available?
  2. dfree23

dfree23 Aficionado (110) Texas Dec 1, 2010

Not much, but bars: The Londoner or The Holy Grail. The Holy Grail is
    in Plano but very close and better than The Londoner.
    There are not any good bottle shops in Frisco. You can buy at Sierra Market or Matket Street Grocery store.
    The best bottle shop nearby is Lone Star Beverages in Carrollton.
    I live close by so familiar with area.
    jsboots21 and willandperry like this.
  3. mridgley

mridgley Initiate (0) Texas Aug 3, 2009

I live in Frisco, TX. Agree with dfree23 - The Holy Grail is actually a great place to go - you can find some of our local stuff like Franconia brewing... they often have cask offerings. This is one of my favorite watering holes in the DFW area actually. Not too far up the street from there is the Gingerman - both within just a few miles from one another. Bottle shops - correct Lonestar Bev (which looks like a dive... but go inside) and then you have Spec's (Plano). The Mellow Mushroom has a decent selection but nothing super special... and if you are going to do that - The Holy Grail is a mile up the road... so.... Cheers!​
  4. Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to trying some new stuff!
  5. Also, check out my beer trading thread. Possibly bringing some surly down if anyone is interested in trading...
  6. The only decent bottle shop near Frisco is Goody Goody in Little Elm and they're not great. If you can take the trip to Denton, go to Oak St. Draft House.
  7. mar

mar Aficionado (145) Texas Aug 1, 2007

Head into Plano and hit up S&K, Kegs and Barrels, Whole Foods, and Mr. G's. As for bars, head to the Holy Grail or hit up Square Burger in Mckinney.
  8. I ran into Greg Koch last time I was at the holy grail. Real cool bar and fantastic food.
  9. dfree23

dfree23 Aficionado (110) Texas Dec 1, 2010

Nice trade, the Abrasive is really fresh, thanks.
  10. BrutalSusan

BrutalSusan Aficionado (205) Texas Dec 13, 2011

the guy who manages legacy liquor on 121 in the colony (real close to frisco) keeps a good stock of limited release/seasonals. i know he has a jester king account and tries to keep them stocked.