1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

My Maine Beer Co. experience

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Bowdoinbeerboy, Feb 9, 2013.

1. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

It's kinda amusing that a tiny little brewery in an tiny industrial rental in Maine can create such an endless discussion of beer pricing and charity.
    LostTraveler likes this.
  2. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

I agree, their pricing strategy is amusing.
  3. bleakies

bleakies Savant (365) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

But if they hadn't printed the information on their labels, I'd probably have never heard of www.onepercentfortheplanet.org.

One person's flaunting is another's publicizing.

MBC's pricing structure makes them an occasional rather than a constant purchase for me, but that's fine. I'll still grab a MO pale ale whenever I find it fresh.
    Horbar likes this.
  4. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Advocate (505) Connecticut Sep 22, 2010

Hey I agree, I was just stating what it seemed others were saying. Like I said in the rest of my quote, I don't care meaning whatever a person wants to do with their money (its theirs after you purchase) is their business. As long as they are not using it for some super-villain like scheme, I'll still purchase a good product.
  5. Marty's is the most expensive place I've found. Zero service and high prices, but it's easy to get the rare stuff
  6. I've tried everything from MBC, and everything is good, but other than Lunch, the prices will deter me from picking them up. With so many options out there, I'd rather grab something else. That said, I plan on checking out the new brewery when Im in the area for the Festival. If it's done by then.