My new homebrew keezer....

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by joshodonn, Mar 20, 2013.

1. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

2. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

That is gorgeous.

3. Holy smokes, that is awesome! Great job man.

4. Jwale73

Jwale73 Advocate (715) Rhode Island Aug 15, 2007

That is ... dope!

5. joshodonn

Thanks everyone! Here are the obligatory first pour photos... I'm pouring a big imperial stout that I brewed up about a year ago... It's been sitting in a keg in the closet for 10 months, and it has aged wonderfully...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. richkrull

richkrull Savant (490) Wisconsin Dec 4, 2010

WOW! Love this. Nice work man!

7. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (320) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

How does the freezer breathe? It looks like it is a really tight fit all around.

8. joshodonn

There is a 3.5" gap (width of a 2x4) between the freezer and the cabinet. There are 8 PC cooling fans installed externally to move air.

9. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (320) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

Well done! All in all, is it pretty quiet between the fans and the freezer?

10. joshodonn

Eh, you can definitely hear it when it kicks on... I wouldn't call it loud but you can hear it. I have it set so that the 8 fans turn on and off with the compressor. There are also 3 PC fans inside the freezer as well that run all the time, two of the pull cold air up into the coffin box on top, and the 3rd acts as a return and pushes air from the coffin down into the cooler. It also helps move air within the freezer. You can just barely hear these 3 when the compressor and other fans are off.

11. Awesome build! How is it opening up the freezer with all that weight on top? I think something like this looks better than a keezer built with a collar but the weight on the hinges makes me a little nervous.

12. billandsuz

billandsuz Savant (415) New York Sep 1, 2004

nice job. you went all in.
    beer gas for that stout handle too?

13. joshodonn

It's not hard to open at all but it is pretty heavy, I would guess it's at least 75 pounds. I need to add a safety strap to prevent it from opening too far. I'm also shopping for a hydrolic 'life assist' to install, something like you find opening the rear hatch of a SUV...

14. joshodonn

Yup, I have 2 tanks tucked inside the cabinet, a 20 lb C02 and a 15 lb beer gas

15. I went through the entire thread on the homebrew forum. Great job walking us through the steps.

Truly a piece of art. I wish I had the talent and the patience to build something like that. You should feel very proud everytime you give yourself a pour! Super Awesome!