1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

my super sweet 21 ( in beer ) Belgium tastings !

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by kraddel, Feb 4, 2013.

1. kraddel

kraddel Aficionado (140) Belgium Jul 20, 2012

Alright, beerfriends from everywhere, here’s the deal.
    I’m turning 21 in may . this , of course, is finaly the legal age to drink beer in America ( new options present themselves ? :p ) to celebrate it BIG , I’ll do a couple of tastings.
    februari 18th : Flemish old brown ales
    march 11th : Russian imperial stouts
    april 15th : sours
    april 29th : barley wines
    may 13th : WHALES , bro !
    may 20th : brought beers ( see below )
    every next week until I’m out of them ..

they’re all Mondays, cause I’m home on Mondays for sure. This is the ONLY day I can be home for sure , so I plan em than . I understand it is difficult for some, and if the first one doesn’t get filled by the end of this week, I shall move it to 1 or 2 weeks later. Place is Antwerp ( my house )
    the idea is , I’d open up a few bottles in series for the first 3 tastings. No random bottles, they realy are a serie. The one in may ( when I’m actually 21 :p ) will be loose bottles. But BIG names. Styles? Depend on what I have at that time. Right now, I’m thinking about mostly stouts, yet this could still changed, as it is many trades ahead :p

price ? there is no enter fee. Yet I would appreciate it if you brought beer. Not to open that day ( nobody wants an overkill tasting on a weekday ) . I will keep all the bottles you bring, and open them from may 20th, every week, until they’re all out. What you bring, and how much, is entirely up to you . you can only get to the 6th and further tastings if you actually brought something of your own. Keep in mind, this is an option . I only demand it if you come to multiple tastings , or / and the whale tasting .

pople :
    1st : 3-4 people can join
    2nd : 3 people can join
    3th : 3 people can join
    4th : 3-4 people can join
    5th : 5-6 people can join
    6th - … : only people who brought stuff. We will work out something if you wanna be there for sure when a bottle you ( or someone else) brought will be opened.

first come first serve, if I have multiples at the same time, people I drank / tasted with will get to be picked first.

I’m gonna keep the actual names for myself for now. I think most of you will have had the beers already, its not a ticking fest, it’s a celebration for good beer. If you realy want to know them ( cause it would take u huge effort or so) contact me. Same for address.
    time , I was thinking at early evening. We could talk about this if I know who’s coming. Cheers, and reply quickly !

please reply pm only here :)
    cheers

2. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

I don't understand this, I can't come to this, but I wish you a happy birthday. My comment to you is a suggestion to move this to the Benelux forum.

3. kraddel

Im sorry , not that familiar with beeradvocate . Let me search and move :)

4. Great Kraddel...but my work makes it impossible to come by your place. Nice geste for the beercommunity though!

Have fun.

Thijs

5. trevorjk

trevorjk Savant (330) Netherlands Aug 28, 2009

I'd be in, but the wife works on Monday's and doesnt get home till after 19:00, and she would be pretty mad if i left Holland to go have beers with out her :p

6. kraddel

haha take a day of , folks !