1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Naked Evil returns 6/22

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by joshrosborne, Jun 15, 2012.

1. People will do it. Check out the "post a picture of your latest haul" thread. People buying multiple cases of Beatification. But, I don't have that cash at least until I win the lotto that I never play!

sliverX likes this.
  2. I'm sure its possible, there's always someone to try and make a $ on anything. We plan on going Saturday and the price on a case makes me squirm.

libbey likes this.
  3. bbarak

bbarak Zealot (80) Ohio Jun 27, 2011

I am almost positive I can think of a couple people that would be willing to throw down 7 bills for 3 cases!

4. 71gto

71gto Savant (270) Illinois Jun 3, 2009

I would throw down $700 for 3 cases. I have several friends I would give bottles to because they always hook me up. I would probably trade the rest with the exception of one case to open a bottle every now and then.

zchall23, bbarak and raymo55 like this.
  5. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Anyone been there today? Bottle counts still high? I just wanna make sure I won't get shut out on my trip tomorrow!

6. jampics2

jampics2 Advocate (720) Ohio Dec 19, 2008

I haven't been there, but I'm sure there is a ton & that it will hit distro, at least in Ohio. Every other single Hoppin' Frog release has for 3 years now.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  7. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Chill out dude, you're making me nervous just posting about it! Lol

libbey likes this.
  8. MarkIntihar

Agreed. I kinda wish they hadn't set the limit at the brewery so high though. That makes me kinda nervous, as it sounds like there are at least a handful of people driving in from out of town who intend to pick up multiple cases...

libbey likes this.
  9. We intend to drive in Saturday but a case would be the most I buy.

libbey likes this.
  10. raymo55

I know man....I should know better...but if I make the trip and strike out it will make me just a tad upset.

And they don't distro to Michigan...that's why I'm making the trek

11. Been there done that with lebleu, if I get some and you don't (unlikely) I'll hook ya up...

12. MarkIntihar

I was thinking that they didn't distro to MI. Seems odd to me.

libbey likes this.
  13. raymo55

I am driving down tomorrow....so expect that same hook up from me!

14. sleuthdog

sleuthdog Advocate (660) Illinois Oct 21, 2008

Wow a little under 7 hour drive for me. If I didn't have to work this weekend I might have considered the road trip to have a chance to try this! If anybody gets some extra and wants to work something out let me know!

15. I would trade $4$ for Russian River sours or whatever else from Philly if people had some extra Naked Evil. Would be in person in the Cleveland/Cleveland Heights area: I have friends that I visit every few months, and may head out late summer. Now is a good time for many RR's here.

16. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

You should plan on hitting up Cleveland.... I'll buy you a beer, as long as you don't wear a Denver Donkeys Peyton Manning jersey.....

libbey likes this.
  17. normyk

normyk Savant (270) Ohio Dec 10, 2007

Pretty quiet at 10am this morning. Got my bottles and headed off to work. Cracking one tomorrow.

sliverX and MarkIntihar like this.
  18. MarkIntihar

The real question is, what was it like at 10 a.m. this evening? ;) /bad redundancy joke

libbey likes this.
  19. Corbet

Corbet Savant (340) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

Quick question - do they accept credit card or is it cash only?

20. MarkIntihar

They take credit.

libbey and zchall23 like this.
  21. trxxpaxxs

trxxpaxxs Champion (760) New York Mar 5, 2010

If anyone is planning to be there at noon tomorrow... sliverx and I will see you there. We're gonna head up to the Brew Kettle and/or Great Lakes afterward. Maybe some bottle shops as well. Who knows? Nice little Saturday.

Quick question: Is fresh Columbus IPA available anywhere in the Akron/Cleveland area?

libbey likes this.
  22. MarkIntihar

See you there! I'll be there with JM03. Columbus IPA bottles haven't hit the area yet (to my knowledge), but the last time I was at Brew Kettle (last Friday) they had Bodhi on tap and it was outstanding!

libbey and sliverX like this.
  23. zchall23

zchall23 Savant (260) Texas Dec 19, 2009

Not true. I've seen and gotten Columbus ipa at many places: lizardville, 101 bottles, southland beverage, acne fresh market. And, yes, bishop is fantastic!

24. MarkIntihar

Re-he-he-heally??? I know what my next six-pack purchase is going to be... :D

libbey likes this.
  25. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Ohio Nov 12, 2010

Columbus has been around for a little while. I picked some up at VE a couple months back.

26. MarkIntihar

Thanks for the heads up, jerk! ;)

libbey likes this.
  27. JM03

:rolleyes:

MarkIntihar likes this.
  28. zchall23

I did exactly that ($655), and I'm distributing most of it to Toledo friends this weekend at my cost.

71gto and JM03 like this.
  29. zchall23

They first showed up the day before dld.

30. MarkIntihar

Huh. And I haven't set foot in a liquor store around here since DLD (been working on thinning out what I've already got), so that would make sense why I haven't seen them...

libbey likes this.
  31. JM03

I always say that I have too much and need to get drinking. But then I still go and buy more.
    How do you do it !? :cool:

32. MarkIntihar

I didn't say I haven't bought any beer since DLD. Just not from any liquor stores around here. ;)

libbey and JM03 like this.
  33. raymo55

This is the same day I have planned with the wife....but I am doing it today!!

34. trxxpaxxs

trxxpaxxs Champion (760) New York Mar 5, 2010

... and a stop shall be made.

libbey likes this.
  35. Just one?

libbey, trxxpaxxs and MarkIntihar like this.
  36. Kayn169

Kayn169 Savant (255) Illinois Jan 9, 2011

Any Chicago people making the trip, willing to grab a few extra? If so, please shoot me a BM. Will also be in Bloomington this Saturday, if anyone From there has extra.

37. normyk

normyk Savant (270) Ohio Dec 10, 2007

Ooh, tasty! Little less barrel and I think I approve. Still my favorite Hoppin Frog beer. Fred did good.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  38. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Can someone help a BA in Chicago get one of these? Struck out a few times with local stores asking their distributors. Please?!?!?

39. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (365) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

Feel free to grab a couple for me Shawn :D

raymo55 likes this.
  40. pest

pest Savant (410) Ohio Sep 2, 2007

anyone there around close today (friday) know a ballpark for how much is left. I'm debating heading up tomorrow...