1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Nantahala Brewing Company Trail Magic Bottle Release - who's going?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by unclejedi, Feb 29, 2012.

1. unclejedi

unclejedi Member

2. ATLbeerDog

ATLbeerDog Member

This should be a great event!
  3. Finatic

Finatic Member

I'm going to Hunapu Day, but I would have jumped at the chance to go see Joe and the gang at Nantahala had my buddy who has a cabin in Murphy been around. Great up and coming brewery.....
  4. Photekut

Photekut Member

I am a solid maybe Jim. :)

I think it would be a fun trip.
  5. hmmmmmm

hmmmmmm Member

ISO (pretrade)...
  6. Photekut

Photekut Member

Most likely going now!
  7. unclejedi

unclejedi Member

Cool JR, haven't seen you in forever.

Guess we need to check with them to see if any bottle sharing will be allowed.
  8. Onenote81

Onenote81 Member

Out of the state that night. Bummer. Add me to the ISO list...
  9. n2185

n2185 Member

I'll be there, and probably the night before as well.
  10. Msquared2

Msquared2 Member

Definitely considering it!
  11. kp

kp Member

Bottle share is Friday night.

Anywhere to stay in town?
  12. iBrew

iBrew Member

Hey all,

I can't describe how excited we are about Trail Magic and the event this weekend. We've been working long and hard the past several months to make this a success, and I think that everyone is going to be very pleased with the fruits of our labor. We finished bottling the last of the Trail Magic on Monday and have tasted it amongst ourselves, it has surpassed our own high standards and expectations in every way. I, personally, can't wait to hear the response and reviews for this RIS from the beer community.

We will tap the first keg during the pre-release party Friday night at 6:00 PM. The bottle swap will begin at 8:00 PM back in the brewery. Bottles will be available for sale on Saturday at noon, and a firkin of Trail Magic will be tapped at 6:00 PM Saturday evening. Also, I'm not sure if this has been promoted yet, but we will have several of our own small batch beers available on draft at the bottle swap, most of which have never been available before.

For those of you who are bringing a designated driver, we highly suggest the cabins that are available at Watershed Cabins and Lakeview at Fontana.

There are several motels and inns within walking distance. The Sleep Inn, the Relax Inn, and the Rosewood Inn are all within a mile of the brewery. Within a slightly longer walking distance (and a bit more of an uphill climb), are the Charleston Inn (a very nice B&B) and the Microtel.

Greg Geiger
    Head Brewer - Nantahala Brewing Company
  13. NoMoreBeerBelly

NoMoreBeerBelly Member

For those heading up there, we stayed at the Sleep Inn in December for the Polar Express and it was a very nice budget hotel, maybe 1m door to door from the brewery. Still an uphill walk home but nothing like the hill to Microtel!
  14. kp

kp Member

Details? Spoilers? Teasers?
  15. ChainGangGuy

ChainGangGuy Member

I think kp brings up some crucial questions in this post. Won't somebody properly address them??
  16. n2185

n2185 Member

Anyone bringing anything for the bottle share? I was considering bringing some Surly stuff and maybe a couple others.
  17. iBrew

iBrew Member

As I told ATLbeerDog earlier, the buzz around the brewery is palpable and getting thicker.

We've got two different small batches made from the second runnings of the Trail Magic RIS that will be on tap. We have a few oldies but goodies that had previously appeared in the tap room, but were somehow lost after the first keg ran out (read: brewer was trying to save them for his personal stash :D). There's another new beer that's going to make it into our regular rotation later this spring that's still in it's trial phase; I'm keeping that one a secret for now, but I will say that I'm looking forward to being able to drink something flavorful and refreshing all day long this summer.
  18. kp

kp Member

Beer. Good.
  19. nas4atu

nas4atu Member

Is this going to be a brewery only release for the RIS? Won't be able to make it up there this weekend due to damn work. Hoping we will see some of it in local beer stores here around Hickory... :)
  20. Photekut

Photekut Member

Great bottle release!

Got in and out very quickly and was able to do some hiking in the national park right behind the brewery and had a crazy ride on the tail of the dragon too.

I wish I could have made the bottle share, but when they are the night before 9 out of 10 times that is not in the cards for me. Oh well.
  21. Finatic

Finatic Member

According to the guys at the brewery, yes it is a brewery only release.
  22. Finatic

Finatic Member

2 thumbs up to Greg and Joe at Nantahala, this is an up and coming brewery that gets overlooked in W. Carolina with Asheville an hour away, but these guys are making some impressive brews.

Great job guys.

Fin
  23. Loki

Loki Member

How was the release?