1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

NBO- NFL playoff pickem

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by KevSal, Dec 27, 2012.

?

drop lowest week? only 4 weeks total

Poll closed Jan 3, 2013.
  1. yes drop the lowest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no, make every pick count

100.0%
  1. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (605) California Oct 17, 2010

was a blast playing pickems this year and watching as many games possible, but it was regular season only. ive already got this one ready to go, but am unsure if we should drop the worst week or not (theres only 4 weeks!) so drop a vote if your considering joining. this ones going to be short and sweet. its the first time they do playoffs so this going to be an expirement as well.

so if you missed out the first round and would like to join bm me your email and i will add you to the yahoo nfl pickem group, be sure to vote.

the boxes will be the same size, and the number of boxes will be dependent on the turnout, if theres enough interest top 3 players will receive. window to ship is mid february.

losers send 44oz of good local beer, not a huge buy in, but a nice payoff to the winners.

thoughts and remarks appreciated.

2. KevSal

Got 6 folks in so far. Looks like everything counts this time around.

Let's get more folks in on this, 2 bombers ain't difficult to get together. Come on guys let's get it going. This is a good opportunity for new traders to participate, and get a bif/lif under their belt

This will close a day before the playoffs start

3. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

Just signed up, thanks for running this again. I vote for making every pick count. Also I know this mentions just the playoffs, but is the probowl included as one of the weeks?

4. Shoo65

Shoo65 Savant (270) Indiana Oct 23, 2011

Inbox = full, so I'm assuming group full?

5. NABS

NABS Aficionado (185) Ohio May 11, 2011

Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to getting my feet wet in one of these things. (And since I'm guaranteed to lose, because I know me and my game picking ability, it'll help me build rep for shipping on time. haha)

6. KevSal

haha not by a long shot the more the merrier man, bm on the way

we are at 12 people, still ooking for a few more. id like to get a good amount if possible. the more people the better the pay outs

7. davesway10

davesway10 Advocate (500) Iowa Jan 23, 2010

This one sounds like a lot of fun, but could you BM me the rules so I know what the hell is going on ?

8. Put me down. I suck at NFL pickem' Hope I make the cut for entrants :)

9. Looks like your inbox is full Kev but you can add me to this one. Thanks.

10. KevSal

great let me clear some stuff and ill get back to a few of you?

11. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (245) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

I'd like to try this, too.

12. Im intersted hows it work.

13. KevSal

each person picks the teams they think will one, the people with the highest correct picks win boxes.

this is going to close tonight.

14. KevSal

CLOSED

this ones going to be freaking nuts. no more entries unless you got a request to enter from me. we are at 19-22 depending if everyone signs up. wow this one is going to be good, and extremely close. looks like tie breakers are really gonna count here!

probably should have capped it a bit sooner but we can manage i think.

thanks for everyone who signed up!

15. the final day has come