1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

NEBCO Details

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Verbl, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Verbl

Verbl Aficionado (120) Minnesota Feb 7, 2009

I am going to be in Southbury for Thanksgiving, and I wanted to stop by the brewery. The website didn't say anything about a taproom. Do they have one at the brewery? Do they have tours? Are thye worth it? How about growler or bottle sales?

Thank you in advance.
  2. Check out the NEBCO thread a little lower down for some more details, but:

1. By "taproom", if you mean a place where there is beer on tap, yes, they have one.
    2. If by tours, you mean, will Rob walk you around the brewery, then yes.
    3. They do sell growlers. The NEBCO thread below typically has an up-to-date list, as does their facebook, often. Typically they don't sell bottles/cans unless there was a special release, like the recent Premeditated Murder barleywine. However, you're literally right across the street from Amity Wine, which has about all of the beer you can find in Connecticut.

But seriously, NEBCO is in a big garage, basically. Don't expect a gleaming brewery. Just awesome beer.
  3. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Yeah,the elevators in that brewery need to be replaced........;)............:D

Oh,and to the OP:Watch out for the head of security at the brewery.He's got a solid grip on things.:p

Cheers

4. [​IMG]
    seplo, marcdalke, sandman3479 and 4 others like this.
  5. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Eli !!!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!

Cheers
    FarmingtonRiver likes this.
  6. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

I like this thread! Yes its worth a stop in OP. Awesome place! Bring something from MN to share with Matt and Rob and whoever else is in the building.
    NJOssie likes this.
  7. Call ahead for Friday/Saturday. May be closed. However. G-bot, sea hag and 668 on tap.
  8. seplo

seplo Savant (445) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

I concour...CHEERS
  9. t8000shx

t8000shx Savant (305) New York Mar 2, 2004

Sorry if this was mentioned in the other NEBCO thread - I looked but didn't see it.

Anyone know what their hours are for this week (namely today and tomorrow) for growler fills? I'm unfortunately blocked from any social media site where NEBCO might have this info posted.
  10. I think they usually close at 6.
  11. Yep, they normally close up at 6 but if you're making a long drive go ahead and ring them before you leave to make sure

(203) 387-2222
  12. Five beers on tap for tommorow. Sea hag friars quad premeditated murder g-bot and elm city