1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Nebraska Brewing Company Announces Brewery Expansion and Canning Operations

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Jason, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,320) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Papillion, NE (Feb 2013) - Nebraska Brewing Company today announces the expansion of its brewing operations with the addition of a 2nd production brewery and canning line.

Years in planning, the commencement of this expansion phase for Nebraska Brewing Company will center around the installation of a 30 bbl brewhouse, a canning line for 12 oz. products, and a bottling line for the 750mL Reserve Series barrel aged beers. Initially installed capacity for this 2nd facility will add 6,500 barrels (bbls.) of capacity to 1,500 bbls. of production already taking place within the brewpub. Strategically, this new facility has the capability to expand to aproximately 50,000 bbls. of annual capacity. Fabrication for the brewhouse and canning line is currently underway with location options being considered.

Nebraska Brewing Company will continue to be based out of, and operate the original brewpub located in Papillion, NE in addition to the new packaging facility. The production brewery will incorporate a tasting room and retail aspects and will accommodate brewery tours with specifics to be determined at a later date.

Products initially slated for rollout in 12 oz. cans include Brunette Nut Brown Ale, EOS Hefeweizen, Cardinal Pale Ale, and India Pale Ale. All other currently produced beers will continue to be brewed and available in draft kegs only. The Reserve Series line will be expanded from 5 brands to 7 with the additions of a brandy barrel aged Belgian Quad, Responsibly, and brandy barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout, Sexy Betty.

Paul Kavulak, President of Nebraska Brewing Company stated: “We are beyond thrilled to be able to finally get our beers into a packaged product.” Adding further, “The new brewing system and facility are strategic in the sense that we’ll be able to grow as we see fit and do so without any possible risks to quality. We feel this puts us onto a fantastic path.”

Kim Kavulak, Vice President of Nebraska Brewing Company added: “We are fortunate to work in an industry that we love . Having the opportunity to grow our dream and expand our footprint both locally and nationally gives us the opportunity to share our passion for great Craft Beer. ”

Nebraska Brewing Company was formed in November of 2007 and has established itself as a Midwest Innovator of quality Craft Beers and artisanal Barrel-Aged Products. Building on a reputation for quality, flavor, and creativity – Nebraska Brewing Company strives to be a stand-out in an ever growing field.

Nebraska Brewing Company is proud to be a locally owned and locally operated brewpub in Papillion, Nebraska. Small, independent, and pushing the envelope.

###
  2. I'm so excited at the prospect of a 6 pack of Hop God sitting on the shelves for 3 years at $75.
    Ristaccia likes this.
  3. "A bottling line for the 750mL Reserve Series barrel aged beers"
    "Products initially slated for rollout in 12 oz. cans include Brunette Nut Brown Ale, EOS Hefeweizen, Cardinal Pale Ale, and India Pale Ale"

No need to be lame, if you don't like the beers or the price then don't drink them, no one is forcing you. Bitch all you want about the high price of their Reserve Series bottles but we get them here in NE for $18 in most retail locations that carry them. The high prices you see are your local vendors marking it up, not Paul & Kim trying to take your money.
  4. Yeah...my apologies. lol It's just frustrating because that stuff never hits here for less than $25. I'd like to try more but...at that price it just sits here.. Not sure why we suffer a nearly 50% increase out here. And I'm also aware the final price is only partially the result of the initial cost, with the rest resulting from distribution. So don't think there's any ill will there. Frankly, I can't say I don't like the beer...I just can't justify $25+ for a 750 to find out. It'd be cool if the canned stuff made it out here, as long as it was at a decent price point.
    cavedave likes this.
  5. fields336

fields336 Savant (315) Virginia Nov 16, 2008

750 mL cans?
    CowsandBeer and ShogoKawada like this.
  6. Understood, the high prices do scare me away as well when money is tight. I saw bottles of Black Betty & BA Hop God in San Diego about a year ago marked up to $32.99 - are you f***ing kidding me? That is absolute insanity and I wanted to slap the store owner haha (not really, probably not his fault). I must say that the cans will be an instant his for locals around here. People, including me, are already anticipating EOS & Cardinal in cans the most - they are, in my opinion, their two most delicious offerings and I can't wait to be able to kick back and catch some fish at the lake while slurping some canned NBC goodness. No animosity here, just thought I'd voice my opinion. If you'd like some of the canned brews once they hit drop me a line and I'll send some your way.
  7. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

I admit I have yet to pull the trigger. It is frustrating to see the prices being charged for certain beers around here, I know that it is the same in Pa. Nebraska sells into a market here that is saturated, in a good way, with great beer that is less costly. Dusty Nebraska bottles aplenty around here. Would gladly pull the trigger on a reasonably priced can, hear it's pretty fine beer.
  8. They make some great fresh beers, such as cardinal pale ale...and even better reserve series barrel aged beers. Hop god is great, but melange a trois takes the cake for me. They are also truly great people. I got to help them bottle before I moved to california and I hope their cans make it to CA, especially romancing the cone IPA. It will give west coast IPAs a run for their money.
  9. I know, right? 1l cans would be better.