Nebraska Brewing in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by russpowell, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russpowell

russpowell Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,256) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

For what its worth, I saw cans of some of their more common beers in the store today in Tulsa....

P.S. That Coop Ale Works is pretty tasty...

2. russpowell

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Edit, Coop Ale Works Oktoberfest... I am useless posting from my phone...

3. JPatrick

JPatrick Devotee (391) Dec 6, 2005 Oklahoma

Those Nebraska beers look pretty generic.

4. russpowell

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I picked them up during a prior visit to Kansas, so it didn't make my day. But some of their big beers are alright ( although found them a bit pricey ).

5. DrumKid003

DrumKid003 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 Oklahoma

I noticed those Nebraska beers showing up at a few of the bars/pubs around here lately, but from the tasters I got I wasn't overly impressed by anything.

I agree that I was very surprised by how good this was considering some of the other state/regionally brewed Oktoberfest beers are very, very average.

russpowell likes this.
  6. stephens101

stephens101 Pooh-Bah (2,754) May 5, 2006 Oklahoma
    Pooh-Bah Society

Just had the IPA and it was a garden variety. Probably won't go back to it. Hopefully this might lead to some of their other offerings though.

On a side note, spoke to the owner of Freeman's today, and he was looking for Clown Shoes to be in-state before the end of the year. He also mentioned Off Color out of Chicago (Had their Berliner Weisse and it was tasty) and...wait for it...Oskar Blues early 2016. All caveats apply of course.

7. russpowell

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Off Color I think may already be in Tulsa, haven't paid a ton of attention as it has be in Arkansas for a while. The Clown Shoes, I think I heard late November or December, I've also heard it will be in Arkansas as well. OB should be here for God's sake, I believe it is every state around us, ( can't remember if I saw in NM or not last summer ).

8. russpowell

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just looked, its a December ETA for Clown Shoes

9. hoptheology

hoptheology Grand Pooh-Bah (5,343) May 12, 2014 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Made in La Vista, just a short drive from Omaha (actually a suburb). I can get their cans all day long but I choose not to, I've had a few so far and they've mostly been "alright". Do you all get Lucky Bucket (Omaha) or Empyrean (Lincoln) your way? Those are much better breweries, IMO.

10. kevinscott

kevinscott Zealot (595) Oct 21, 2008 Texas

Oskar Blues is likely a good bet as they are opening their 3rd production location here in Austin in the Spring. From what I recall they are starting with a pretty significant production capacity, with room to triple the output as needed.

russpowell likes this.
  11. russpowell

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Not that huge a fan of Empyrean, but not bad either...

12. russpowell

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Wow, that is the first I've heard of that; I must move the rock I am sleeping under...

Just read, 100,000 barrels eventually, these guys may end up having very short logistical tails. I guess they know what they are doing, still picking nice locations at least...

#12 russpowell, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  13. 06Rubicon

06Rubicon Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Nebraska BC is fantastic! I have quite a few bottles of Runnin' With the Devil and Ninja Gnome....wonderful rum barrel brews!

14. russpowell

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The few big beers I've had were good, but stupid expensive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.