Need Correct Beer Hose

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by nymickey, Nov 5, 2012.

1. nymickey

nymickey Initiate (15) Nov 5, 2012

I just got a used Summit SBC500B for my 50th birthday. I love it but in addition to ordering a beer line cleaning kit, I'd like to get a new beer hose.

My question is: does the Summit SBC500 call for a 3/16" I.D. Vinyl with a hex nut on one end OR do I get one with a hex nut on BOTH ends?
    Believe it or not, I called Summit directly and they don't know !!!

Thanks ... P.S. if anyone wants to recommend the BEST beer line cleaning kit, please feel free to do so.

2. cubbyswans

cubbyswans Savant (380) Missouri Jun 10, 2008

Well if it's used, you don't know if anything has been replaced previously. You can put whatever you want on a kegerator as long as the pieces fit together. I have replaced my hex nut on my kegerator on the keg end (not an SBC500, but that is irrelevant) with quick disconnects to easily go back and forth from home brew kegs to commercial kegs. If you just want to replace what you have, your best bet is to pop the top off the tower and see what is in there, and then go from there. You probably don't have a hex nut on the shank end, in the tower. Sites like micromatic.com have pictures of the pieces you are buying, so you should be able to compare what you have with what you are buying. Enjoy!

3. weatherdog

weatherdog Savant (470) Illinois Nov 7, 2007

Odds are inside the tower the line is connected to the shank by a barbed elbow with an ear clamp. You can remove that clamp (with enough effort without the right tools) and put the new hose on the barb and secure it with a worm drive clamp. You'll only need a hex nut on one end and just the hose on the other.

IceAce likes this.