1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Need some help

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by pvllbum, Jan 7, 2013.

1. pvllbum

pvllbum Aficionado (245) Illinois Sep 4, 2007

I'm going to be in Colorado in late February to do some snowboarding and I've already amassed a "small" wish list from friends. I'll be in the Breckenridge area and I'm looking to get some gangsta brews that you guys are hiding up there in the mountains. Where should I be looking to go or if anyone is interested maybe a little bottle swap. Any advice or pointers on where to go will be greatly appreciated. Cheers
  2. alexipa

alexipa Savant (410) Colorado Oct 7, 2011

I've found some gems at City Liquors in Breck. One of my favorite pubs is also in Breck but I can't recall the name. They have excellent happy hour pricing on craft pints and some great games, they're off the main street in a basement.
    hopfacebrew likes this.
  3. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (455) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

Yeah that's the best beer store I've come across up there. :cool:
  4. My buddy is the beer buyer at City Liquors. His name is Burton. He will give you some great beer suggestions.
    tacosandbeer and alexipa like this.
  5. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (160) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

Eric's is the place downstairs in Breckinridge.
  6. Ratman197

Ratman197 Savant (365) Colorado Aug 11, 2007

What the heck is "gangsta brew"? Never heard of one let alone try one.
    redblacks75 and coreymcafee like this.
  7. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aficionado (215) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

How you have never heard of these Gangsta Ass Brews is beyond me
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  8. pvllbum

pvllbum Aficionado (245) Illinois Sep 4, 2007

a Gangsta brew is that really good really hard to find beer. Not like super rare but the hard to find one release a year kinda stuff. Pretty much we just add adjectives and what not to gangsta to increase how gangsta a brew is lol. Use it a lot amongst my friends a lot and it's thrown around a bit in Chicago. Long story short you're hard to find stuff.