1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Need to get a few cardboard boxes for some styro shippers...

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by ActonBrewer, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I got a bunch of extra shippers from a store nearby, but without the cardboard. I have been searching and searching for replacement cardboard for my styro shippers, but I can't find a damn thing. I'm assuming that I'm not the first person to need to replace the cardboard on a shipper.

2. What are the dimensions you're looking for?

3. There were a couple different sized shippers when the store gave them to me. One of them was 19x15x15.

4. I'll take a look in the shipping department at my work but I don't recall anything that size being used here.

5. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (235) Kansas May 16, 2010

These are what I use for 12 bottle styro's when the box needs replacement. They aren't a perfect fit (needs just a little extra padding) but they are as close as I have found. I order my "Wine Shipping Kits" from them too.

dvelcich likes this.
  6. forgetfu

forgetfu Savant (280) Colorado Jul 27, 2007

Send a message to the guy at boxvendor.com. Buying flat cardboard boxes is a lot cheaper than buying shippers, and he seems to have pretty good access to a wide variety of sizes.

7. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (330) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

I agree. Just buy a bigger box than needed and throw some newspaper in there to keep it from moving. It'll actually be more secure with the extra padding.

cbeer88 likes this.
  8. Yeah, I don't see much benefit to getting a perfect fit box, and in fact, you're probably going to be better off with a slightly larger one with some extra bubble wrap filling in the space. Staples sells boxes of all sizes if you don't have anything...

dvelcich likes this.