Need to get a few cardboard boxes for some styro shippers...

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by ActonBrewer, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I got a bunch of extra shippers from a store nearby, but without the cardboard. I have been searching and searching for replacement cardboard for my styro shippers, but I can't find a damn thing. I'm assuming that I'm not the first person to need to replace the cardboard on a shipper.

2. What are the dimensions you're looking for?

3. There were a couple different sized shippers when the store gave them to me. One of them was 19x15x15.

4. I'll take a look in the shipping department at my work but I don't recall anything that size being used here.

5. JeepCop

JeepCop Savant (280) Kansas May 16, 2010 Verified

These are what I use for 12 bottle styro's when the box needs replacement. They aren't a perfect fit (needs just a little extra padding) but they are as close as I have found. I order my "Wine Shipping Kits" from them too.

dvelcich likes this.
  6. forgetfu

forgetfu Savant (280) Colorado Jul 27, 2007

Send a message to the guy at boxvendor.com. Buying flat cardboard boxes is a lot cheaper than buying shippers, and he seems to have pretty good access to a wide variety of sizes.

7. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (350) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

I agree. Just buy a bigger box than needed and throw some newspaper in there to keep it from moving. It'll actually be more secure with the extra padding.

cbeer88 likes this.
  8. Yeah, I don't see much benefit to getting a perfect fit box, and in fact, you're probably going to be better off with a slightly larger one with some extra bubble wrap filling in the space. Staples sells boxes of all sizes if you don't have anything...

dvelcich likes this.