1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Neptune's Wrath at Burnside in magnums

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by cavemanlawyer, Mar 1, 2012.

1. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (275) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

Anyone checked this out yet? I love me a good oyster stout but I've never had this one.

Someone posted a comment on their site that they thought the caps were not the right size for the bottle. The bottles are magnums. The poster thought this would lead to loss of carbonation. Anyone have thoughts on that topic?

How much are the bottles selling for? Do you think that is a good price?
  2. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (520) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Bottles are $30 bucks. I plan to head over sometime today to check it out. Hopefully it's on tap so I can try it and then decide if I want a bottle.
  3. Shmeal

Trying it right now. I kind if like it, I can actually taste oyster. Not sure if I would want to buy a bottle yet though
  4. Mahlik

Mahlik Aficionado (245) Oregon Aug 21, 2010

I bought myself a bottle on Tuesday. I didn't notice the mis-sized cap until I got home with the bottle. I've had homebrews get ruined due to this. Hopefully it's not much of an issue though. I have yet to actually try it. That would suck if I just wasted $30.
  5. Shmeal

I ended up getting a bottle as well. The cap size is definitely off, you can see the warping on it.
  6. I just posted this same question in the Beer release forum also. I had someone who was supposed to pick up a magnum that they set aside for me. I am wondering now if it is even worth it. I would need it shipped to NY and if the caps arent right that is alot of cash for nothing !
  7. If all is good and someone local can pick mine up and ship I can send funds via paypal !! Many Thanks
    My local connection isnt panning out
  8. Mahlik

Mahlik Aficionado (245) Oregon Aug 21, 2010

So I'm assuming you ultimately thought the beer was worth purchasing (and taking on a potential risk with the capping issue).
  9. Shmeal

I thought it was good, and I don't plan to hold on to it for terribly long either. Probably bring it to a party or something.