1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Anchor Year Round Beer Added

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by raynmoon, Feb 8, 2013.

1. raynmoon

raynmoon Savant (490) California Aug 13, 2011

I just got this from my facebook 10 minutes ago. They are taking their California Lager, which was the first release in their Zymaster series, releasing it in 6-12 packs, kegs, in California and part of the proceeds will help California State Parks.

Yay California!

http://www.anchorbrewing.com/connect/news/95

afrokaze likes this.
  2. Interesting. I enjoyed it on tap. I wonder if they will do this for all the Zymaster beers.

3. Bummer, it is only available in California:

“San Francisco, CA (Feb. 7, 2013) – Today, Anchor Brewing announces that Anchor California Lager®, California’s first genuine lager reborn, is being added to our core lineup of distinctive beers with case sales supporting the California State Parks Foundation. This new release is currently available in California only.”

4. The Zymaster series is pertty interesting. I really enjoyed the new Stout under that line. Too bad they do not have a year round bottled stout. The tour guide said the whole line is basically a "thank you" to the local and loyal in state fans of the brewery.

5. Spikester

Spikester Savant (450) Oregon Jul 14, 2007

I keep looking for it but not much point if it is a Cali only release.

6. I don't know if there has been another thread about this, but this is now in NC. I'm assuming it is in most/all states that get Achor at this point?

7. beerme411

beerme411 Savant (360) California Sep 28, 2010

It was mentioned in another thread so I'll just post it here. California lager is now distributed in select markets, CA, Nevada, NY, MA, OK, AR, NE, IL, GA, MD, PA, OH, NC, and CO (mid september).

8. steveh

steveh Advocate (715) Illinois Oct 8, 2003

9. steveh likes this.