1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Batch Breakfast Stout (Bottled 12/21)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by PlayaPlaya, Jan 18, 2013.

1. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

So anybody else seeing this in large quantities ???

Drinking one right now. . .. Coffee is STRONG, obviously WAY stronger than the first batch is now.

I'm assuming, pretty safely, that this is a NEW batch.....Not something they've had sitting in the tanks since the first bottling, correct??

Anybody else pick up the fresh batch? What do you think? Better than the first batch???

I honestly think it may be, better than the first batch of '12.

They always put out FBS like this?? Will we be seeing one more wave?? Or is this the last of it until next year?

I may stock up......

2. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Waitaminute...

You're saying the fresher bottle had a stronger coffee presence?! Somebody call the president of beer!!!

BobZ, franklinn, skinsfan and 12 others like this.
  3. FBS is going to be available in 6 packs for 6 months out of the year.

4. zstef99

zstef99 Aficionado (185) New York Dec 25, 2008

I haven't had any from the 12/21 batch, but I thought the November bottling I had was better than the August bottling... FWIW.

5. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

Not sure if I had the November bottling. .

6. I've seen a lot of the 12/21 batch in my area recently, way more than the previous batches and its not really moving too fast either. Had one from the 12/21 batch last weekend and its drinking like a really fresh batch of FBS does, very coffee forward.

7. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Champion (770) Maine Sep 11, 2010

FTFY. And that's not until October ;)

8. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Haven't noticed a difference, but I know if I need some extra question marks I can come back here and steal them.

9. FTW

match1112 and dachshunddude86 like this.
  10. Haven't seen any December bottled FBS but a couple of places still have November so it looks like I will never see this fresh batch.

Enjoy it while you can since the coffee does fall off.

PS: Speaking of the November bottling I was able to score a six pack for 15 bucks recently. Not a huge savings since most people see this for 10 bucks a four pack but amazing for $2.50 a bottle.

11. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

I had a 4 pk from nov. And and 4 pk from december. Both of them had 2 weeks on them when I tried them and the December had a noticeably stronger coffee presence.

2 cents