1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

New beer releases?

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by mattchow, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattchow

mattchow Member

week of 7/9..

so any idea what's coming out this week worth a purchase? from what Jester King previously said, it looks like Weasel Rodeo and Drinkin In The Sun should come out this week, anything else? Seemed last week was somewhat tame coming off the release of Avery Uncle Jacob Stout, Stone Ruination 10th Anniversary as well as the previous Boulevard Saison Brett and Love Child #2 beers.
  2. Prospero

Prospero Member

perfect timing, I'm in Houston (coming from CO) this week and was wondering what i could pick up.
  3. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Member

I had no idea ruination or Jacob stout landed in tx yet. Anyone seen it on Austin shelves?
  4. omnigrits

omnigrits Member

South Lamar Wines and Spirits had both on Saturday, plus Brux and Saison Brett.
  5. corbey

corbey Member

I haven't been looking for the Jacob stout, but last week Ruination 10 was available at the usual places around Austin: WFM downtown, Sunrise Mini-mart, Central Market, etc.
  6. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Even my crappy Specs in Round Rock has both still on the shelves, so I imagine its pretty much everywhere
  7. Lutter

Lutter Member

My biggest want during the next 2 weeks is going to be Barrel-Aged Weasel Rodeo. Gonna be watching that one like a hawk.

Otherwise, the Ruination 10 doth floweth through Austin.
  8. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Brux should be hitting shelves this week in San Antonio. Gabriels and the new Specs both got deliveries of Rye-on-Rye this week, and Freetail may still have some as well. We got a pitiful allotment of Ruination 10th and Uncle Jacobs.
  9. slimchill

slimchill Member

Brux is in this week in Austin. We'll have it at Black Star Co-op in bottles (probably not on the menu). We still have Ruination Tenth and a couple of bottles of Rye on Rye. In other rare-ish beer news we're tapping our keg of Saison Brett tomorrow (wed) and NB/LA Brett Beer on the 25th.

Love Child came and went in a few days.
  10. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

11. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Member

We should meet up sometime, i live on wells branch parkway. Also, saw your review of the alehouse on Yelp. Made me very sad.
  12. mattchow

mattchow Member

looks like jesterking commented that they are letting weasel rodeo bottle condition a bit more and drinkin in the sun hasnt been picked up yet. anything worth a grab this week?
  13. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Lots of new stuff at Gabriel's this week:
    Sierra Nevada/RR Brux
    Adelbert's (full lineup)
    South Austin Saison
    Deschutes Hop in the Dark
    Boulevard 4 pks (Tank 7 & Dark Truth)
    Rahr Pecker Wrecker

Thought we'd get Maui/Jolly Pumpkin Sombrehumano today, but I guess we'll have to wait until next week.
  14. Grendle

Grendle Member

Looking forward to picking up some Deschutes Hop in the Dark and Rahr Pecker Wrecker for this evening as I enjoy ESPN Friday Night Fights.
  15. PhatAtUT

PhatAtUT Member

has anyone had anything from crazy mountain brewery in colorado? theywere label-approved a while back and D&Q in houston got some in today. ive never had anything from them or known anyone who has.
  16. Exiled

Exiled Member

I just noticed Hall's in DFW has a few different of their beers/cans. (though I havnt tried any of them yet)
  17. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Their amber is okay, but nothing to get overly excited about. I wasn't impressed with their pale ale.
  18. mattchow

mattchow Member

[​IMG]

this is what i picked up today at d&q and specs downtown in houston.
  19. mhenson42

mhenson42 Member

I snagged a few single cans from them a few weeks ago when I was in Colorado to drink by the hotel pool. They were okay, nothing overly memorable. I think they were the Mountain Livin' and Lava Lake
  20. TXHops

TXHops Member

Agreed--thought the amber was very good, for a typically very average style. Pale Ale is really light.
  21. Lutter

Lutter Member

I just picked this up at Sunrise Mini-Mart. It's a limit of 2 cans per person though ($5.99 for two). I was talking to the guy at the counter and mentioning Mid-Western beers and he took it out of their secret hiding place. They have more.
  22. crusian

crusian Member

ok, I'll bite... wtf? BB XXIII?
    willandperry likes this.
  23. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Its well aged. :confused:
  24. ShameAndFailure

ShameAndFailure Member

Picked up a Gigantophis from Rogness at Lonestar in Carrollton. No bar code or anything. Bout to pop it open.
  25. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Member

when i was in houston in feb it was like they couldnt give away bottles of BA XXIII. I got one in trade from will, then found about 10 more in the specs in houston near katy. (no idea what store number or anything, dont know the area well). Needless to say, i had at least 3 more bottles before i went home at the end of feb lol
  26. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

Haha you did well to drink it when it was in it's prime! I had a bottle recently that was all chilies and was pretty much a mess. To be honest I thought the stuff was sold out when we made a trade, but it keeps popping up in off the grid Specs like the one you mentioned. If you have any trouble getting any BB24, or ever need a Karbach can mule I am your man!
  27. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Member

lol, yeah i had expected that sucker to be sold out as well. It worked for me either way, since i got mroe than 1 bottle and i was able to advocate my own favorite brew La Muerta to you! (which i still have 1 bottle left, waiting for an exact year to hit before drinking, it willl be my first successful aged beer LOL) Not to mention that it was great to meet a houston ba!
  28. frognot

frognot Member

Got the Sierra Nevada/Russian River collaboration Brux and the Maui/Jolly Pumpkin collaborationSobrehumano Palena'Ole yesterday at S&K in Plano so it was wild ales with burgers last night.
  29. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Lots of new stuff in San Antonio (Gabriel's Superstore) this week.

JK Drinkin' the Sunbelt (Boxers Revenge is still pretty scarce)
    Laughing Dog Anubis Imperial Coffee Porter
    Moylans Ryan Sullivan's Imperial Stout
    Sprecher Abbey Tripel
    Sprecher Piper Scotch Ale
    Sprecher IPA2
    DFH Theobroma

Brux, TBA, and DFH Namaste are still available as well.
  30. thangnguyen

thangnguyen Member

who distributed sprecher?
  31. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

Mayan. They also carry Hops & Grains (coming soon) and South Austin.
  32. jeebeel

jeebeel Member

Anyone know if Mayan distributes in Houston?
  33. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

More new stuff today.

Coney Island Albino Python
    Coney Island Human Blockhead
    Coney Island Sword Swallower
    He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's RIPA
    He'Brew Hop Manna
    He'Brew Genesis
    Maui/JP Sobrehumano Paleno' Ole (finally)

Still plenty of Brux, Theobrama, and Sunbelt.
  34. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

For the Stone fans, Levitation is now available in TX. Vanilla and Chipotle Smoked Porter should be available next week, along with DFH Positive Contact and T'weason.
    willandperry likes this.
  35. Lutter

Lutter Member

Any idea if Positive Contact will be in "box sets"? I'd love to find a complete 6-bottle set w/ record on a shelf. I know these bastards in South Austin are going to break them up.
  36. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Member

Picked up Shmalts and Terrapin Reunion Ale '12, at Spec's Dallas yesterday.
  37. mattchow

mattchow Member

nice, I wonder if the schmaltz collab is in Houston yet.

I picked up..

2x Divine Reserve 12 Bombers
    1x Divine Reserve 12 6 Pack
    2x Deschutes Black Butte 24
    2x Ranger Creek Small Batch #2
    1x Great Divide Rumble 6 Pack
  38. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Member

Nice, had Rumble on tap last night at Blackfriar in Dallas. It's definitely got a strong smell to it. Have you heard of the BB 24 anywhere in Dallas?
  39. mattchow

mattchow Member

No idea, I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Houston market releases lol
  40. jaymesbawned

jaymesbawned Member

Anyone see the Stone Vanilla in Houston yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.