1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Beer Sunday (week 409)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mattcrill, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New End of the World Beer Sunday -

Hello NBSers, this Festivus Sunday finds me having a new one from Lost Abbey. Just got out of a serious cold spell, high 30s to low 40s at night, as it stands, it's a relatively comfortable 56F. According to the internets, it hasn't snowed in my town since 1949, but a man can hope for a White Christmas, haven't experienced one yet. Since the Mayan Apocalypse didn't happen I find myself drinking this in relative peace -

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/18149/87875/?ba=Halcyondays

Bitterbill, GRPunk and garymuchow like this.
  2. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Champion (935) New York Aug 25, 2010

Had to correct my review - I'd reviewed a different version of the beer by mistake - thanks to UCLABrewN84 for pointing it out. Review: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/604/24693/?ba=Greywulfken

And since I'm back, at least for this, let me say:
    Thanks to the Giants and Steelers crapping out tonight so that I could enjoy the Seahawks' trouncing of the Niners - all my teams are out of it now, so I can enjoy the rest without the tension and agitation - lol

All familiar beers for the next 3 days. We're doing the in-laws @ my wife's aunt's house Xmas Eve, and then her brother's house on Xmas day. My wife and I have our Christmas alone on Wednesday.
    Three days of Christmas call for 3 days of Christmas beer, right...?

*Pssst* A peak into my Christmas cheer closet corner...

I'll travel with the sixers over the next coupla days in case anyone is interested (wine drinkers, you see). Mainly, its to ensure my very own Christmas cheer :p!
    [​IMG]
    I've also got a Duvel Tripel Hop (2012 Citra hop) and Vertical Epic (12.12.12) in the fridge - but those, and the Vintage Ales, stay home. Serious stuff there. ;)

So, to all the New Beer Sunday Advocates: have a happy holiday! Cheers!

mattcrill, Bitterbill and GRPunk like this.
  3. supermodified

supermodified Aficionado (230) Ohio Nov 28, 2012

I tried it for the first time Saturday night. I had it on tap and was knocked out by how good it was. I went back the next day and bought a bottle.

4. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Advocate (720) Illinois Jan 25, 2009

Legal, illegal.
    It's a grey area.

I would have been VERY impressed had you taken that glamour shot of a beer photo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.