1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Beer Sunday (week 412)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mattcrill, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplopez21

jplopez21 Advocate (550) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

Alright. In honor of this thread I decided to review the Arcadia BA Cereal Killer. Since it's newly released I had to add the beer and do my first review ever (what a pain in the ass). I tried to be as detailed as possible. So forgive me if it's not up to par.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/454/89009

[​IMG]

2. Sounds like a good brew to me, maybe I can score one in my travels some time.
  3. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Dude, that's a nice review. There's nothing wrong with tight and concise. Please do more, I look forward to seeing you here on Sundays.
    AleWatcher likes this.
  4. mecummins

mecummins Savant (425) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

Aw, thanks. I'll definitely be sure to try a new beer next Sunday & post here. I'm not sure if listing blog links are ok, so if the moderators want to delete this, I certainly understand. But since you asked, here's a link.

http://downthehatch1.blogspot.com/
    AleWatcher and beertunes like this.
  5. jplopez21

jplopez21 Advocate (550) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

Thx man I appreciate the feedback. I've been only into craft beer for a year now and trying to enjoy the amazing variety of craft beers.
    AleWatcher and beertunes like this.
  6. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

OK, my last new brew for this NBS (although, a friend who is the brewer at the brewery closest to my house just walked into one of my locals with a visiting brewer from out of town, so I suspect there will be more beer in my evening), a a nice little beer. I'll see all y'all next Sunday: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/19915/49481/?ba=beertunes
    GRPunk and AleWatcher like this.
  7. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Advocate (720) Illinois Jan 25, 2009

I enjoy the blog.
    Keep doing reviews on BA as well, and come back to NBS every week... This thing ha been a sausage fest for years!
    Btw... I'll be in the city for an in person trade tomorrow if you feel like meeting us up at a bar/brewpub... The invite is totally unrelated to the 'sausage fest' comment.
    beertunes and mecummins like this.
  8. mecummins

Thanks for the invite. Wish I could, but I have some work commitments. If anyone is going to the Lincoln Square Winter Brew event in February, maybe we can do a Chicagoland BA meet up there?
  9. NiceTaps

NiceTaps Savant (460) New Jersey Nov 21, 2011

Well Done!
    mecummins likes this.
  10. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (830) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

No new beers for me yesterday but isn't this pretty?

[​IMG]
  11. I think there are more women on here than you realize. I've actually spotted quite a few myself. They may not post every day, but they are here. Women do love beer and craft beer at that. I know its not Sunday, but seriously this calls for a highlander quote ( as if this forum could be really get any geekier!). "From the dawn of time we came; moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now."
  12. mecummins

I've
    I've noticed a handful of other women here too. And who knows how many actually just lurk? Guy or girl, I'm just glad that somebody other than me has seen The Highlander here . Of course, from now on when I read one of your posts, I'm going to hear it in my head with a Scottish brogue.
    devlishdamsel likes this.
  13. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

Had my first Parabola on Sunday. It was magical. Im afraid that any stout I have going forward will be unfairly judged
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.