1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Belgium Releases Rampant Imperial IPA This Spring

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Jason, Feb 13, 2013.

1. biga7346

biga7346 Savant (255) Michigan Jun 19, 2010

^^^ I really disliked this beer as well.
  2. Received one in a trade yesterday and after drinking a 750ml growler of HF Edward this was next. Not bad, but nothing I would go out of my way to get.
  3. They just keep sounding better and better. They probably don't have the money or the stomach to stock "the gateway beers" i.e. shit.
  4. TonyJ815

TonyJ815 Savant (455) Florida Apr 3, 2013

Still waiting for New Belgium to start shipping to Florida! We always have to stock up on brews when you go up to Atlanta and we always end up bringing back some sort of NB brews. From what I hear, it should be here in the July '13 timeframe... I'd like to get my hands on this one.
  5. craigo19

craigo19 Savant (260) Michigan Oct 12, 2009

Considering they are the Bud distributor I will disagree with your statement. They think Magic Hat is the shit and Sam Adams is meh. A big part of the problem is that our county has a population of about 130k, so the distributors are less willing to provide us with product.
  6. RockAZ

RockAZ Savant (320) Arizona Jan 6, 2009

Really did not like Rampant in the bottle, holding off on a review until I try it on draft somewhere. A disappointing beer, stanky hops with some vegetable taste that I have not been able to identify but it might be one of those herbs in a potpourri pot with a little cantaloupe juice; hope I just had a one off bottle because I would really like to see them succeed with an 8.5abv hoppy beer at that price point.
  7. That does suck. The way some stuff lingers on the shelf here I cant say I blame them for stocking a limited selection. Regarding the decision to not purchase Rampant: even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    craigo19 likes this.