New Brewer at Blue Lobster Brewing Company

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by SixBitsKyle, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Can you elaborate on the "anything but their fault" part of your post? Again, I know nothing about BL or the brewer, but it seems a bit strange to suddenly fire a brewer that made good beer and was apparently a stand up guy and model employee.

2. Agreed, let the future brews from BL speak for themselves

dasenebler likes this.
  3. I think it's safe to say these things never play out well in online forums (e.g., Baxter), but the dust will settle and the BA world will move on. I think David crafted some great brews during his time in Hampton, and the couple of brief chats I had with him made me appreciate his beers even more - very kind, soft spoken, and honest about his work and the trials and tribulations of each batch.

I feel bad for the position this puts the new BL brewers in, but I hope local BAs give them a chance to prove their brewing mettle. That's beer advocacy in this man's opinion.

4. Forgive my ignorance on this, but are they really trying to dumb down what I hear are awesome beers? Or is this more a falling between owners and brewer?

5. Please enlighten me on how to behave in an online forum, dear forum master who knows nothing of the situation and is just a casual observer who would probably be the first to defend his/her friend if the situation hit closer to home but clearly wants to argue online for REALLY no reason because he/she doesn't know the brewer or owners and that puts him/her at a disadvantage in this discussion right from the get go. Please?

Rekrule likes this.
  6. You know exactly who I know and how I handle things in my life. I forgot about that. I don't care what you say here, but don't think it doesn't reflect upon who you are representing.

Pahn, Ericness and yelram4life like this.
  7. I'll try to keep that in mind as I desperately care what you think.

Rekrule likes this.
  8. You do keep responding.

yelram4life likes this.
  9. So do you... maybe it's kizmet! And we both clearly love great beer. Let's stop all this foolishness!

Rekrule likes this.
  10. I always enjoyed my time spent at BL. Both Dave & the owners were very nice and more than willing to chat about the beers. Having said this, I had my concerns from day 1 with regards to their hours, unexpected closures, very high prices (just my opinion) and terrible location.

Best of luck to everyone in the future.

EnronCFO likes this.
  11. Since when is Route 1 a terrible location?

12. Sean802

Sean802 Savant (315) Vermont Jul 14, 2013

I must have missed all the threads about how shitty BL has been to this guy.

13. Agreed. I enjoyed the beers I had, but it seemed like everything was a Hill Farmstead knock off(at a higher price). There are worse places to try to copy, but I always got the impression Dave could have used a bit more seasoning on a commercial system as there were definite batch inconsistencies. I enjoyed the beers and lets hope the truth comes out and maybe we get two breweries to choose from. As to the lingerie nights, it's hampton, NH, what do you really expect?

NickDrista likes this.
  14. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

And here we go into the nasty mess that happens when owners and their (former)brewers disagree in public forums. See: Baxter vs. LaCharite; Lively vs. Coutteau. This is where everyone looks bad (or worse than they already do) and digs the hole deeper.

Can we skip ahead to the part 3 years down the road where this is mostly forgotten and folks are at least civil again?

huddyball and EnronCFO like this.
  15. Ha, first thing that came to mind was Chris' epic hissy fit.

16. We want to let you all know, that whoever "NHBeerBob" is, he's most definitely NOT an employee of Blue Lobster. As upsetting as the news of our staff change is to the beer community, we decided that it would be best for both the buisness and David to part ways.
    We are sure that both he and the Blue Lobster Brewery will carry on and bring our respective fans, friends and families the beer that makes them happy.

cappy201, Pahn and huddyball like this.
  17. I love how people keep acting like Dave is throwing an online hissy fit. I've seen no comments from him on the situation other than a confirmation. If you want to keep kissing up to the owners, fine, but don't put words in his mouth for the sake of your own argument.

Trevdawg and yelram4life like this.
  18. Things don't always work out. And that's really okay.

When one door closes, often a better door opens.

Err... nevermind. Down with the bourgeoisie!

yelram4life likes this.
  19. It's a damn shame. Went there last year. great beers. let's see what the new guy does before we go cray cray.lol

20. the bottom line is that Dave left for his reasons, Blue Lobster has their game plan and need to execute it. They were good for a while but things change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.