New breweries in Tacoma?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by John_M, Nov 26, 2012.

1. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,110) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

So I'm out here on vacation, and I've been reading the local paper. The other day there was an article about a new wine bar in town (the Stink tank wine bar on St. Helena Ave), and they mentioned that it's right across the street from the new Tacoma Brewing Company. It and the Amocat cafe are listed on BA, but there doesn't seem to be much information about the place otherwise (apparentlly, it just opened this year). Barleywinefiend reviewed it, but mostly commented about the guest beers available at the cafe. Anyone know anything about the beers there otherwise?

Also, part of my daily run takes me by the inner passage marina at the end of 19th street, and there's a sign on one of the warehouses that references the Inner Brewing Company, and notes that it will be coming soon. Anyone know anything about it either? I'm really excited about the latter place, as it's just a short walk from my friend's house.

Thanks!

2. Stink is a nice little stop for some good sandwiches, speciality meats and cheese. It still serves as a wine bar with very little beer. I knew Tacoma Brew Co. was coming but did not know it was a done deal. That was FAST! My last visit was pre-brewery when it served strictly as the AMOCAT Cafe. AMOCAT owner, Morgan Alexander, is a local homebrewer who tends make pretty good stuff. I may swing by and give the "brewery" a whirl.

Inner Brewing Company is a new one on me.

3. The place was in the process of being gutted when I was down there in September. Talked with one of the owners and he said he was hopeful for late Spring. The space looks promising IMO.

Pretty good food and decent tap list next door at Boathouse 19.

Tacoma Brew Co. started brewing a couple weeks ago. A true nano brewery.

crushedvol likes this.
  4. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,110) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

"Pretty good food and decent tap list next door at Boathouse 19."

Agreed. I've been told that the food can be a bit inconsistent at times, but that when it's good, it's really good. The quality of the taplist there surprised me (Ballz Deep DIPA and the Saint Florian IPA from Silver City, among other things), and even the the wine list was surprisingly solid. The GF wanted to stop by for drinks while the family was in town, and I went reluctantly (it's no more than a 5 minute walk from her house). However, as soon as I saw the taplist, my reluctance completely evaporated.