1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Breweries

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by otispdriftwood, Feb 21, 2013.

1. I know you can check this site or others for new beers that existing breweries are producing and releasing but is there some place where you can find out what & where new breweries are opening. It would be interesting to sample a new brewery's beer when they first started and if they survive, sample it again after a period of time.

2. Regional forums frequently have threads started that announce a new brewery that is opening next week or something like that, or some threads will be started that will ask for BA members input about any new breweries in such and such state or nearby city, etc. I suggest checking the regional forum where you live, and if you don't see any existing or recent topics that have been started by others, then start a thread and ask for input, or ask about other sources for this information.

My experience is that new breweries frequently do not have their recipes dialed in to where the brewer wants the beer to be as far as taste (or maybe he thinks it is okay), but tweaking after customer input does occur and improvement is usually seen. If not, bye-bye brewery. You have to have a good product if you expect to survive.

3. JK4Stout

JK4Stout Aficionado (240) Virginia May 10, 2010

There are a few good apps I use for this. Brewery Locator being the main one. They are popping up everywhere too! It is a good time to be living in the craft beer world.

4. Thank you both.