1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Brewery near Nationals Park in DC

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Bronsons_stache, Feb 20, 2013.

1. vanessa27 likes this.
  2. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Savant (400) Virginia Feb 28, 2012

I had high hopes for them already but after reading the article in the paper yesterday they are even higher now. That place is going to be a zoo before and after Nats games since there is not much else within walking distance of the ball park.

3. I read the article and just got in line for their first release...

Bronsons_stache and 2dogbrew like this.
  4. ipas, you're right. I'm sure there will still the be crowd who sticks to the over-priced beers at the Bullpen/Fairgrounds, but this place should clean up. It's practically a monopoly.

5. Shaaarrrp

Shaaarrrp Disciple (65) Virginia Dec 5, 2012

Sweet! I look forward to this

6. TheFunGuy

TheFunGuy Aficionado (210) Virginia Dec 27, 2011

The area is still distressed. Game day should be okay, but otherwise use caution and common sense-- for sure after dark.

7. Allsmoke

Allsmoke Aficionado (175) Virginia Aug 11, 2007

It's the guys who ran Churchkey right?

8. Correct, its the Churckey team, and the head brewer was brought in from Cambridge Brewing Company, I think.

9. Really looking forward to this. They are going to make a ton of unique brews and one offs and seasonals!

10. A huge Gordon Biersch is opening up between the Metro entrance and the center field gates of Nationals Park, which will hopefully accommodate the folks who just want to get drunk before the game and make Blue Jacket a bit more bearable.

Chaney, ipas-for-life and alysmith4 like this.