1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

"New" BrewPub?!

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by 2ndloveofmylife, May 2, 2013.

1. 2ndloveofmylife

2ndloveofmylife Member

I'm traveling north from Fresno,Ca to Boonville, Ca and want to stop at a "new" or just stellar brewery on the way. I've been to the usual suspects on the way like RR, Bear Republic, Drake's, Marin, Moylans, etc… Help, finding something obscure but Guuuud!!
  2. mjl21

mjl21 Member

Beltane in Novato has been putting out some decent stuff. Iron Springs in Fairfax is worth a stop if you have never been. You could also hit up Taps in Petaluma and try stuff from new places like Henhouse and 101 North.
    flexabull likes this.
  3. 2ndloveofmylife

2ndloveofmylife Member

Thanks exactly what I was wanting
  4. SageO

SageO Member

I did a NorCal trip about a month ago and made a point to stop at Sante Adairius. They’re doing some pretty good stuff. And not entirely beer-related, but the Mission Burger at Mission Bowling is a must. They’re doing some killer food.

Also, is Lagunitas included in your “etc.”? I’ve been there twice now and I’m always a bit “meh” beforehand (especially since I feel like I should be spending all my time at RR), but both times I’ve been there that’s where I end up having the best time. And the Motel 6 is conveniently close-by.
  5. MastaShonuf

MastaShonuf Member

I agree with the hit up Taps. Great place and good food. A new brewery opened up by there as well...Petaluma Brewery.
  6. 2ndloveofmylife

2ndloveofmylife Member

Lagunitas is always a great bet. Been there several times Taps sounds very interesting I was looking at 101 North but could not find any hours of operation!?
  7. 2ndloveofmylife

2ndloveofmylife Member

Although looking closer at Taps I was wanting more of a brewery stop where I could try "their" beers. I going up to the Boonville 17th Beer Festival so variety will not be an issue this weekend.
  8. mjl21

mjl21 Member

Pretty sure they are open Friday nights. Lagunitas, RR, and the Bear will be super crowded Friday and Sunday.
  9. 2ndloveofmylife

2ndloveofmylife Member

Thanks guys I'm going hit the sack, early to rise tomorrow, but I'll check for any other recommendations mañana, thanks again for all ur suggestions.
  10. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Member

Dust Bowl in Turlock (Off the 99) might be an option for trying "their" beers. I think they have 10 or so of their beers on usually.
    flexabull likes this.
  11. theconductor

theconductor Member

2ndloveofmylife likes this.
  12. impending

impending Member

you said obscure
    I'll second Baeltane (recent name change) in Novato
    I prefer his belgians and because the batches are so small there can be considerable difference between batches
    that said, I very much liked some versions of the bsda and the tripel Luminesce
    if you go to Taps they likely will have one of his brews on

a somewhat less obscure choice is in Sonoma
    Sonoma Springs Brewing
    but I've never been there and only have had their Engelen Tarwe, a tripel
    but but it was excellent
    it was the best tripel I've had from any bay area brewer.
    cheers
    jd
  13. 2ndloveofmylife

2ndloveofmylife Member

Thanks , I'll pay Baeltane a visit for sure, and yes dust bowl is great been there love it.
  14. theconductor

theconductor Member

Sonoma Springs is outstanding. We always love having their beer on.
  15. jwartell

jwartell Member

There a few new ones up that way - check out www.pubquest.com for all of them!
  16. 2ndloveofmylife

2ndloveofmylife Member

Thanks to all who gave me sum great brew Ideals. Went to Baeltane and ended up meeting Allan at Boonville too. Love what he is doing there. Definitely do stuff out of the box.
  17. elNopalero

elNopalero Member

Glad to see this thread. I've been to the usual suspects and always enjoy my visits to Russian River, Bear Republic, Lagunitas and Iron Springs. (I still think Iron Springs is underrated and I don't do my part to visit there more often.) But it's always nice to see new places springing up--and even better to hear glowing recommendations. Keep 'em coming, I like what the OP started here.
  18. MLucky

MLucky Member

Track 7 in Sacramento and/or Berryessa outside Woodland. Both are pretty new and about as small as they come, with some excellent beers. No food, although both usually have food trucks there. Call ahead to check hours.
    danscott likes this.