1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Cantillon 50N4E will be released 2012-13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by cpinto6, Feb 28, 2012.

1. I've got a whole set of beer coasters with these cartoons on them.

2. futura123

futura123 Savant (340) California Jul 29, 2010

Is there any more cartoon other than the three posted here? I'd love to see them if you can post the pictures.

3. CheapBeerBuzz likes this.
  4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CheapBeerBuzz and backfat like this.
  5. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (420) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

Looks like 50N4E should be available for sale to the general public come April.

6. tacosandbeer

I should clarify that I mean...at the brewery.

7. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Washington Jun 23, 2009

Source?

8. tacosandbeer

The brewery.

9. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

I'll be in Belgium over this coming Christmas and hopefully they will have some left by then :)
    Maybe I'll just buy some from Etre if they get some.

10. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

11. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Gotcha.

12. awinkro

awinkro Savant (275) Texas Oct 15, 2008

Any idea what the bottle limit is?

13. fthomasl

fthomasl Aficionado (120) Texas Mar 20, 2007

I was there and might have been to first person to purchase some of it. They were not officially selling it, but after buying a case of other stuff he let me have 3 bottles. Worth every single penny...bought another bottle of it and enjoyed it there.

14. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Wait it's available to go? They had specifically said it wouldn't be...

15. fthomasl

Uhhhh....hmmm. Scratch that I didn't get any of it.;) It might have been timing...seriously they had just put it on the menu to drink there that day I was there. I tried to get some of the Frou to take away, but they didn't give me any.

On a side note the head brewer is amazing. He brought me out a un-hopped / un-carbonated Iris to taste. Next time I am going to bring a bunch of rare stuff from the states for him.

16. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Hopefully he can taste the rareness.... easily my favorite flavor.

DStoked likes this.
  17. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Man I brought him a Beatification last time and I didn't get anything! You're a lucky dude, I'm super jelly.

18. fthomasl

I bet he will...he's gonna love the shiner bock and sam adams lager I bring him

Clonies720, YogiBeer and BrettHead like this.
  19. zdk001

zdk001 Zealot (75) Pennsylvania Feb 13, 2009

Some friends of mine were just there two weeks ago and brought 2 bottles back, so they must have some for carry out.

20. tacosandbeer

I think it was 2,700 bottles.

21. tacosandbeer

It is. There was a 6 bottle limit when it was officially released about 2 weeks ago. Last weekend it was down to a 1 bottle limit.

22. I was there on 4/23 bought 4. They didn't specifically state that there was any limit, but at the very least it was 4. Looks like I got there just in time before they cut you off at 1.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  23. I saw a post last night - and now I cannot remember where - that this is sold out at the brewery. Can anybody confirm this? I was hoping to have a friend pick some more up, but it sounds like that may not be an option.

24. I was there last week and they still had it. Not sure how much was left, considering they didn't advertise that they were selling it and when I asked about it she said I could buy a bottle and pulled it out of a random crate. No harm in your friend asking though!

25. They had it 2 weeks ago. I had to buy three other bottles of different before they would let me buy one of the 50N4E, though. I didn't mind as I was going in to buy a bunch, anyway, but those types of deals always irk me a little bit.