1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Cigar City Beer: Legacy (brewed for Bern's Steak House)

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by BAstoutsNsours, Dec 14, 2012.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (790) New York Dec 13, 2009

right now. Lugers for the win!!!
    Etan and dachshunddude86 like this.
  2. Steaks & Beer only thing missing is the T!&s & A$$ and this officially turns in to the greatest website in the world.
  3. Lugers is old news been there done that, there are way better steakhouses in NY, just my opinion.

4. Starting to remind me of this thread

http://i.imgur.com/tOnmB.jpg
  5. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (760) Florida Feb 1, 2012

When some jabeep said Ruth's chris is better than berns.
    dachshunddude86 and Nicolay3535 like this.
  6. Florida9

Florida9 Advocate (520) Illinois Feb 14, 2009

The truly funny part is that SideBerns isn't even a steakhouse...
  7. Hey beerfool, its about whipping out a ruler and having a contest. You were just making it sound like only you knew what you were talking about and I just want you to be aware there are many other professional hospitality employees on this forum. You are right beer is not typically marked up 3.5x. I said in my original post that 70 is not a fair price. I said I understand where restaurants make their money. Also the markup you are referring to is based on bottle service. Wines by the glass, are definitely in line with what I said. As you know, since you know all, usually a glass pays for the bottle, which is 4.5x. I don't know if you do a 6oz. pour or what. I think its great you have those awards. I just wish everyone could go eat at both places because my staff is humble and caring. There is no nose in the air. I defended myself to you telling me your resume. That's it buddy. What should I do now? Respond and say my head waiter has worked at 6 Relais & Chateau properties on 3 continents, including a 2 Michelin in England and The Inn at Little Washington? I'll just stop there. Clearly I work at Wendy's and have no idea about markup.
    YogiBeer likes this.
  8. Can I get a Jr Bacon Cheeseburger man?
  9. OH OH OH OH and a Frosty!:D
    dachshunddude86 likes this.
  10. I wish they still had "The W", anything that has a W in it is the best in the world, James Beard Award winning good :) Beerfool you are in Boone huh? Where is so good up there? Gamekeeper? Gideon Ridge? Jackalop's View? Story Street? Best Cellar? Meadowbrook? lol...Just wondering...There is a new Relais & Chateau up there...if that's where you work, welcome to my family.
  11. That was an awesome thread, glad you captured it. This one is getting good too.

[​IMG]
    on beeradvocate. Lest we be w/o these types of entertaining threads.
    dachshunddude86 likes this.
  12. Lare453

Mise en place should have a beer made by ccb next. That place is tied with berns for best restaurant in tampa for me.
    Nicolay3535 likes this.
  13. I think its pretty fun...we should just throw reviews by guests together, by the people for the people. Also we will have a James Beard Award shortly, I will make sure of it beerfool. We could bet on it if you like...or if not that's okay, because you will see my restaurant on http://www.theworlds50best.com very soon...That is what I strive for...the awards we have and will achieve are all going to happen while I am there. I don't care how long you have been in restaurants, its pretty trivial. You are older than me. I could get hired by Miles at Prime 112 in Miami or Dave at Joe's in Vegas right now...but I don't want to, because I care about my team and where I am at. I love what I do. I know every aspect of restaurants. I've managed 100k worth of wine as a sommelier and washed dishes, even though I was a waiter...because even though I wear a suit, I will roll up my sleeves to help out the team. If I walked into your restaurant, I would have my nose down, to offset all the noses that are up.
  14. And fries don't forget the fries i love dipping fries in a frosty
  15. You keep on mentioning beerfool, but sounds like your answering to what i said, I'm confused, and you sir seem very angry.
  16. Young, old ,male of female I feel blessed to know all of you. My BA brothers and sisters, you have enriched my life since Ive been a member. We are all joined by a common love for great beer and the wonder full people that enjoy it. Today is a day for love and understanding between everyone. So hug the person next to you. Crack open another show stopping brew and share it with your love ones. Open another persons eyes to craft beer. Im happy to have all you in my life! Thank you for having me and MERRRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    dachshunddude86 and Nicolay3535 like this.
  17. Merry Christmast angry guy, hope you mellow out!
  18. Lare453

Where do you work? I'll go
  19. Lare453

I'm so impressed with myself! I've been to four of the top 50! All the ones in NYC of course...
  20. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

This. Science. Caramelization equals more volatile aroma compounds equals deeper, more developed flavor. Same reason Belgian darks have such deep flavor, super long boil times.
    Nicolay3535 likes this.
  21. Lare453

Any word on when this is coming out yet? Seems like its been forever...
  22. kpanter

kpanter Aficionado (200) Florida Nov 25, 2012

23. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

The way I read it, it is only available at Burns.
  24. I am so fucking confused by this thread.
  25. kpanter

kpanter Aficionado (200) Florida Nov 25, 2012

From the article: "And now, for a limited time, there is the Legacy label at Bern’s and SideBern’s."
  26. madnismo

madnismo Savant (325) Florida Jan 30, 2011

On their Facebook page they posted "its here" with a link. Dated last weekish
  27. Been there for a few weeks now. Berns and Sideberns. $27 per bottle. Dine-in only.
    kpanter and bauermj like this.
  28. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

pretty close to $70
    kpanter, bauermj and johnyb like this.
  29. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (790) New York Dec 13, 2009

i've seen pictures of this on instagram so someone is able to get it.
  30. That's entirely possible since the same family that owns CCB also owns Mons Venus and other Strip Clubs.