1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New Colorado Breweries

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by caboose9, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Nice! Well, they open at noon and I figure to be there right around that time...and will probably be spending the afternoon. The Rackhouse is supposed to be bringing goodies mid-afternoon, so I'll at least stick around for that.
    To go with the biergarten theme, I might even bring my own snacks...or I might just be lazy and wander over to the Ale House next door...

2. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I was going to take the day off before realizing I took the previous Friday and was taking the next Friday, too. I didn't want my boss to think I was trying to quietly move to 4-day work weeks, so I'll be arriving with the crowds. Leave me the good stuff!

3. HRCam

HRCam Aficionado (115) Colorado Oct 14, 2008

I will be there for sure. Congrats to Bill.

4. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Savant (460) Colorado Jul 22, 2005

Got invited to a preview party tonight. Can't wait. Excited for Bill and his new place!

5. bfields4

bfields4 Savant (370) Colorado Dec 11, 2007

Prost is awesome. the Hefe is second to none, and really great dunkel. Cool view of the city from the patio too.

yemenmocha and Schmittymack like this.
  6. rob2654

rob2654 Aficionado (205) Colorado May 20, 2004

I have to work but I am going to try to get out by 4 to make my way over. I am excited for this one!

7. Domingo

Nice. I think I'll get there around 12:30 or 1PM and take it very slow so I'll still be conscious by the time you arrive :D

8. drumrboy22

Phenomenal time over at Prost last night. I'm still all giddy with excitement. The inside is beautiful, the brewhouse is really impressive and the beer is just f'n delicious. Got to try all their beers and everything is awesome. So happy for Bill and Darlene. I took a ton of pics and will put them up on the blog this morning. Have fun over there guys!

yemenmocha and Domingo like this.
  9. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

I'll be there around the same time. I'll keep a lookout for you. I can only stay for a couple of hours.

10. drumrboy22

11. riored4v

riored4v Savant (370) Colorado Jul 11, 2007

I'll be headed to Prost this afternoon. Tried their Hefe last week at Falling Rock and it was amazing. Can't wait to finally check ths place out.

12. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Ok so Prost is open...

Any news on official dates for Black Shirt Brewing & Our Mutual Friend? Per their FB pages they both imply "within the next month"

13. drumrboy22

I visited Our Mutual Friend yesterday. They're shooting for 9/15. Will post a blog on them either next week or the following week. Haven't heard a recent update on Black Shirt.

alexipa likes this.
  14. TenHornsProud

TenHornsProud Savant (295) Colorado Aug 13, 2010

Can't wait to make it out to Prost...hopefully Friday evening at some point.

15. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Reporting live from Prost Brewing. This just in: This place is the ballssssss. In other news, I like giant beer mugs.

yemenmocha, alexipa and Mebuzzard like this.
  16. Graviz

Graviz Savant (280) Colorado Feb 26, 2012

Any word on the new brewery opening up in Parker? I dig Elk Mountain and Dads and Dudes (still wish they would change that name) but I think we could use a couple more here.

17. Really enjoyed Prost. The dunkel was my fav out of the three I tried (hefe and batch one the other two). I'll definitely be back.

18. Domingo

Well, Prost is/was definitely something special. It'll be interesting to see what the Crooked Stave guest taps end up being.
    The dunkel is spot-on authentic and reminds me a lot of the one from Lowenbrau, although a bit drier. The Pils is great, too. It's definitely more of a south German pils to me, although probably Franconian like Keesman or Kaiserdom.
    The Batch 1 was apparently a version of their hefe that went awry, but ended up being pretty decent if not really odd. I still think I like the old Dry Dock hefe more than either their new one or the one from Prost, but it's still good.

I'm really interested in Our Mutual Friend just because as maltsters, I imagine their beers will probably slant toward focusing on that element. Black Bottle up in Ft. Collins shouldn't be too far off since they have coupons in the Colorado Beer map for this year. Black Shirt still looks to be opening prior to GABF. I think their last posting on Facebook mentioned a timeline of a few weeks?

yemenmocha and highlifeCO like this.
  19. Apologies for invading your region ;), but now I'm really excited about this place. This may have sealed the deal for my next vacation destination. Prost!

20. mkorpal

mkorpal Savant (275) Colorado Oct 28, 2007

I can't wait to make it down to Prost. I love Dunkles, and am absolutely excited to try their take on the style.

21. Prospero

I love this city. :D

highlifeCO likes this.
  22. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (530) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

I love this state! Especially Northern Colorado, not that other spots don't have great beer! But think of how many solid breweries and beer bars are in the Denver-Boulder-Ft. Collins radius!!

alexipa and denver10 like this.
  23. Domingo

While we're not quite Eastern PA or Wisconsin, we've got a burgeoning German craft scene at the moment. Between Prost, Grimm Brothers, the Sandlot (a bit trickier to get into), Copper Kettle, and Left Hand - we've got most bases covered pretty well. In particular, Prost and Grimm are as good as any I've had in the US.

Oxymoron likes this.
  24. Prospero

Indeed our state, but with 15 breweries within biking distance from my house (within 3 miles) and 4 more by end of year, I have to say I'm a bit partial to my home city. I think people visiting GABF this year are going to be floored with all the phenom breweries that have opened just in the last year alone, all close to downtown and surrounding area!

b0rderman and drumrboy22 like this.
  25. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

Maybe I'll make a list of breweries so that we can put a sticky up for those 'what to do in Denver area' threads. Those pop up from time to time :)

26. HRCam

Yes Prost was very very good. Followed it up with a trip to Hops and Pie and was quite impressed by that place as well. Ordered a bottle of Gueuze there and wow... amazing.

27. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (530) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Got me a growler of the Prost Dunkel transported up to Ft. Collins tonight, can't wait!

28. Graviz

Graviz Savant (280) Colorado Feb 26, 2012

Which Gueuze did you get?

29. HRCam

IIRC it was Timmermans 'Oude Gueuze'. Bottle also stated 'The worlds oldest Lambic Brewery'.

30. drumrboy22

Domingo, b0rderman and ucsbmullet like this.
  31. scray24

scray24 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 12, 2008

Update on 2 Rascals in Montrose.... Just brewed their first batch (Scottish) a few days ago. Targeting opening around Oct 1st.

32. Mebuzzard

Heard Black Sky is aiming at a Feb opening. Not sure about location. 3rd and Sante Fe?

33. scray24

Just visited 2 Rascals. Great location but beers wet just okay - largely under attenuated. The scottish 80, stout, and IPA (although the nose was missing) were the best of the 5 available. The location is great - older historic building with room for expansion. Based on observation and their website they are following the frankenbrew philosophy and probably have about a 3-5bbl capacity.

34. Prospero

35. scray24

Saw (from a Denver brewery tour groupon) a few other new ones - including a Green Mountain Falls Brewery... But I couldn't find any other info on it.

36. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Black Bottle Brewing in Fort Collins opened this past weekend. Haven't hit it up yet but they have 4 of their own beers on tap and 36 taps of guest beers.

37. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (465) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

Damn, 36? I'll have to check them out next time I'm up there.

38. Domingo

denver10 and hopfacebrew like this.
  39. Mebuzzard

About time someone tapped into DU. Why didn't they do it when i went there? :eek:

hopfacebrew likes this.