1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New, Dedicated, Monster Database Server!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Todd, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,515) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

As promised in a previous thread, last week we dropped some serious coin to provision a new, dedicated, monster database server. Even though the site is currently extremely stable, the upgrade should hold us over for years to come and further increase the stability and performance of the site.

I've already setup the server and plan on doing some final testing this weekend, and once this is complete I'll begin the final data migration process. There will be some downtime, but I'll time it during non-peak usage hours, give everyone a heads-up, and post updates in this thread.

More to follow ...

2. Todd

I've completed my testing and plan on migrating our data to the new server starting at around midnight (MST) tonight.

According to my test migration times, the site/app will be unaccessible for about 30 to 45 mins.

3. Todd

I've successfully migrated all data to our new database server.

Everything looks damn solid, but I'll be monitoring and doing some fine tuning in the upcoming weeks to ensure we're utilizing this monster.

Thanks for your patience during the downtime.

Cheers!