1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So hopefully we can use this thread to keep an eye out on NEBC developments that should be happening this week including:

1) Ghandi Bot release starting today?
    2) Pre-meditated murder release starting friday?
    3) Ghost Pigeon porter for growlers next week

2. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Advocate (515) Connecticut Sep 22, 2010

According to their Facebook page Ghost Pigeon is due out Friday for Growler fills

3. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Yep, as it's specific vs. a mashup of stuff from all over a region, which makes the thread extremely difficult to follow.

4. Really? Did they post that in the comments somewhere? I don't see an actual post since the 13th

Sorry, are you responding to someone in particular?

5. RMoeNay

Yes the post on the 10th and when I went in to get some Premeditated Murder, they (Matt at the brewery) said it would be available by Friday

6. Ah yes, you're right. No idea where I got the next week thing from, very exciting

7. kozaka

kozaka Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 25, 2006

Todd is saying this thread is acceptable, not the New Haven area type. Could just have a NEBCO tap list thread and have it updated by BA's who stop in for fills.

8. I think I see what happened, he misinterpreted my "hopefully we can use this thread" as a reference to the regional thread stuff when I just meant it in a general way

9. If you have a Facebook account like their page they are really good with posting dates for their releases as well as beers available for growler fills.

10. GeckoPunk

GeckoPunk Savant (285) Connecticut Jul 29, 2012

Ghost Pigeon Porter
    BA Score: N/A
    The Bros: N/A
    No official score as of yet, but I am certainly looking forward to trying a growler of it... after Galaxy, that is. :D

11. Really looking forward to trying the barleywine...

And fresh Bot.

12. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Savant (255) Connecticut Oct 27, 2007

What I had of this batch of Fresh Bot was excellent! I really enjoyed the Porter last time around, as well.

From what the guys at the brewery said, the labels on the Barleywine were a bit late in arriving so this Friday may end up being a stretch. I saw in another thread that the labels got in yesterday. Would seem tight to hand label and get to distribution and then to retail by Friday ... We will see

13. kozaka

Took my lunch break at the brewery - Bot, 668 and Sea Hag on tap. Porter should be Friday, maybe some returned Galaxy next week. Thought I saw a box of PM labels near the bar.

14. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Nice!

Liquid Lunch !

Cheers

kozaka and sandman3479 like this.
  15. I called this AM about the BW and the guy did say Friday or Monday. Looks like I'll be taking off Friday or Monday....

16. Excellent news

17. I stopped at Coastal this afternoon and they didn't have the Gandhi Bot yet.

18. RMoeNay

Ouch did you ask when the delivery was supposed to arrive?

19. No, I live in Branford so it's no big deal to stop in. I did just get a message from their beer manager that said tomorrow around noon is when the truck should come.

averagjoe3 and sandman3479 like this.
  20. GeckoPunk

I concur with the quote above... Got a growler of Ghandi Bot at 5:30pm and lovin' it! Absolutely AMAZING beer... very pleased with the purchase and am very glad that it was on stock.

While at the brewery, I was pleasantly surprised to see their stock ready to be shipped... Numberous pallets ready for delivery and everything set to be moved so they can continue brewing their upcoming batches. :D

kozaka likes this.
  21. GeckoPunk

The Bot is BEYOND fresh! It is so delicious and drinkable that it's making my head spin... *Perhaps that's the Ghandi speaking...* I've had this beer at Delaney's before, but WOW... I feel like it's at its' peak! The smell is so full of ripe hops, it feels like I'm holding a hand-full of them right to my nose. The taste is pungent as if the hops were just harvested today.

The scariest thing about the beer is that it is so drinkable. When the alcohol kicks after 2 beers, your mouth is still craving those bittersweet hops and it's tough to stop drinking because the taste is out of this world. This beer definitely rates amongst my top 5, although it is probably #5; that in itself is something really significant. I've had so many different IPAs that I remain astounded that this beer is a local brew with such high caliber.

Definitely worth getting a growler if you're a hophead! :cool:

22. kozaka

Is this release of Bot state wide or just shoreline?

23. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Now thats what I'm taliking bout Willis !!

Cheers to the Great Gandhi !

24. GeckoPunk

I didn't see any cans of Bot for shipment... Only Elm City Pilsner, 668, and Sea Hag. I'm not aware if they are releasing any statewide or on the shoreline.

25. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Grrrr, doubt this first batch back of GB will go to the Hartford market. Guess ill stop in next week for bot and the porter.

26. They said via FB that Bot was hitting this week.

27. It looks like on FB that they're still in the process of canning and kegging ghandi bot

28. Loadingdock

Loadingdock Zealot (85) Connecticut Mar 10, 2010

Ghandi Bot just rolled in the store!!!! Limited now but told more will be coming in next two weeks.

29. RMoeNay

Nice!!

30. RMoeNay

Gandhi Bot has arrived at Coastal.... fyi

cruzmissile72 likes this.
  31. EDNOSE

any sitings in lower Fairfield County yet? (that's defined as norwalk / danbury on down towards NY for my purposes)

32. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

Apparently, Fairfield County will not be receiving any this time around.

I believe that this has happened at least once before.

33. Where's the "dislike" button?

34. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

Ninety9 bottles posted on their facebook confirming that Fairfield County is not getting Gandhi. that is beyond lame.

35. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

Well, to be fair, Ninety9 has been wrong before.....but since there's already a precedence for this, it's certainly not impossible.

36. As much as I don't like it, and it DIRECTLY effects me, I can't blame them for taking care of their home market first...

woosterbill, Knifestyles and RMoeNay like this.
  37. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

yea it's understandable but disappointing. I know when I was there two weeks ago they told me Premeditated Murder bottles would be distributed to Fairfield country so I assumed Gandhi cans would be as well, I hope we don't end up getting neither.

38. EDNOSE

The guys at the Brewery on Saturday told me the same on Premeditated making it to Fairfield County, but openly admitted they can't control distribution as much as they'd want so weren't making a promise. I assumed Gandhi Bot would make it down to, but since that is what I was buying growlers of I didn't specifically ask.

39. That would suck, but in reality, if we want either, all we have to do is drive 30 minutes.

Knifestyles likes this.
  40. RMoeNay

Per response to the complaining that Gandhi Bot is not going to Fairfield County on their Facebook page "Fairfield county will be seeing Gandhi in a few weeks. More on the way. We are very small and trying to do a whole lot. We appreciate you guys understanding."

I honestly can't understand the complaining...

Edit* this was in response to Ninety9Bottles posting:
    "Really New England?!?!? No Gandhi-bot again?!?! So fairfield County gets the shaft because? ...very dissapointed in you guys/gals."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.